Short Survey of Coach Training and Coaching Companies
- 929 Downloads
Besides the 123 interviews with decision makers: CEOs, managers, coaches and entrepreneurs, and my coaching experience with 165 clients over 5 years, to validate my claims in this book I chose to participate in various coaching courses. I did this to determine what different institutes and schools call coaching and to evaluate their effectiveness. I used the proven method of ‘participant observer’ created by the famous anthropologist Bronislaw Malinowski to discover if there was something more to be learnt in coaching, for example, by adding Hypnotherapy, NLP, Systemic Coaching, and other courses. With full immersion in a number of different courses, I conclude that effective coaching is only possible using a proven methodology and not through subjects that offer ‘coaching’ as a simple additive.
KeywordsHuman Nature Human Resource Manager Family Therapy Coaching Session Participant Observer
- Groysberg, B., & Abrahams, R. (2014, March). Manage your work, manage your life. Harvard Business Review. Google Scholar
- Hjelle, L. A., & Ziegler, D. (1992). Personality theories: Basic assumptions, research, and applications. Singapore: McGraw Hill.Google Scholar
- O’Conner, J., & Seymour, J. (2002). Introducing NLP psychological skills for understanding and influencing people. San Francisco: Conari Press.Google Scholar
- Sapir, E. (1929). The status of language as a science. (Reprinted from Culture, language, personality: Selected essays, by D. G. Mandelbaum, Ed., 1958, Berkeley, CA: University of California Press)Google Scholar
- Sutton, J., & Stewart, W. (2009). Learning to counsel. Oxford: How To Books.Google Scholar
- Ambridge, B. (2014, November). Ten myths about psychology, Debunked, TEDyouth@Manchester. https://www.ted.com/talks/ben_ambridge_10_myths_about_psychology_debunked/transcript?language=en#t-292375. Accessed 8 Feb 2015.
- Satir Website. https://satirglobal.org/. Accessed 7 Mar 2016.