There is a lot of confusion around coaching. What is the cause of confusion about coaching and the profession of a coach in Germany? The downside to the confusion is that it is also creating hesitancy in people looking for help so that potential clients feel unable to approach this helping profession with confidence that they can choose the right coach for their particular needs. What is all this doing to coaching and to coaches alike? It has become necessary to begin a new discussion, to demystify the prevailing myths and misconceptions about what coaching is and who is able to offer coaching services. The numerous and most diverse claims about what is coaching and who is a coach alone are fascinating enough to question where all the confusion comes from.
- Asgodom, S. (2012). So coache ich. Munich: Koesel Verlag. English Edition: Asgodom, S. (2014). Coaching my way (M. Seisenberger, Trans.). Hamburg: Kreutzfeld Digital.Google Scholar
- Der Coaching–Wahn. (The Coaching–Madness), broadcast on SWR, 6 October 2015 at 20:15 pm. http://www.3sat.de/page/?source=/wissenschaftsdoku/sendungen/183147/index.html&cx=12. Accessed 6 Oct 2015.
- Haberleitner, E., Deistler, E., & Ungvari, R. (2007). Führen, fördern, coachen: So entwickeln sie die potenziale ihrer mitarbeiter [Lead, encourage, coach: This is how you develop the potential of your employees]. Heidelberg: Redline GmbH.Google Scholar
- Kets de Vries, M. F. R. (2013). Coaching’s ‘good hour’: Creating tipping points. Coaching: An International Journal of Theory, Research and Practice, 6(2), 152–175.Google Scholar
- Leonard, T. J. (2005). The Coach U personal and corporate coach training handbook. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley.Google Scholar
- Loebbert, M. (2015). Coaching Theorie—Eine Einfuehrung [Coaching theory—An introduction]. Wiesbaden: Springer.Google Scholar
- Meier, D., & Szabo, P. (2008). Coaching—Erfrischend einfach. Luzern: Solutionsurfers GmbH. English Edition: Meier, D., & Szabo, P. (2009). Coaching—Plain Simple (K. Dierolf, Trans.). New York: Norton.Google Scholar
- Schreyoegg, B. (2015). Emotionen im Coaching, Kommunikative Muster der Beratungsinteraktion [Emotions in coaching, communicative pattern of the advisory interaction]. Wiesbaden: Springer.Google Scholar
- Schreyoegg, A., & Schmidt-Lellek, C. (2012). Coaching, eine Einfuehrung fuer Praxis und Ausbildung [Coaching, an introduction for practice and education]. Frankfurt: Campus Verlag. http://deposit.d-nb.de/cgi-bin/dokserv?id=4043001&prov=M&dok_var=1&dok_ext=htm. Accessed 15 Jul 2015.
- Schreyoegg, A., & Schmidt-Lellek, C. (Hrsg.). (2015). Die Professionalisierung von Coaching—Ein Lesebuch für den Coach [The professionalisation of coaching—A reader for the coach].Wiesbaden: Springer.Google Scholar