A New Approach to a Derivation of a Priority Vector from an Interval Comparison Matrix in a Group AHP Framework
The aim of the article is to present a new approach to a derivation of a priority vector form an interval comparison matrix in a group AHP framework. It is supposed that preferences of individual decision makers are aggregated into a group interval comparison matrix, and the priority weights of all alternatives are estimated via the geometric mean method generalized to interval numbers with the use of interval arithmetic. This approach differs from usual solutions of the problem based on linear programming methods or a decomposition of the interval comparison matrix into crisp matrices, followed by the eigenvalue method. This new approach is demonstrated on an example, and a comparison with a standard group AHP is provided as well.
KeywordsAHP Group AHP Group decision making Interval AHP
This research was supported by the grant project of GACR No. 14-02424S.
- 2.Entani, T.: Interval AHP for a group of decision makers. In: IFSA-EUSFLAT, pp. 155–160 (2009)Google Scholar
- 3.Grošelj, P., Zadnik Stirn, L., Ayrilmis, N., Kuzman, M.K.: Comparison of some aggregation techniques using group analytic hierarchy process. Expert Syst. Appl. 42(4), 2098–2204 (2014)Google Scholar
- 10.Saaty, T.L.: Group decision making and the AHP. In: Golden, B.L. et.al.(eds.) The Analytic Hierarchy Process: Applications and Studies, pp. 59–67. McGraw-Hill, New York (1989)Google Scholar
- 12.Yu, J.R., Hsiao, Y.W., Sheiu, H.J.: A multiplicative approach to derive weights in the interval analytic hierarchy process. In: Int. J. Fuzzy Syst. 13(3) (2011)Google Scholar
- 13.Zadnik, S.L., Groselj, P.: Estimating priorities in group AHP using interval comparison matrices. Multiple Criteria Decis. Making 8, 143–159 (2013)Google Scholar