Multi Agent Application for Chronic Patients: Monitoring and Detection of Remote Anomalous Situations
The clinical study of the most basic vital signs of a patient represents the simplest and most effective way to detect and monitor health problems. There are many diseases that can be diagnosed and controlled through regular monitoring of these medical data. The purpose of this study is to develop a monitoring and tracking system for the various vital signs of a patient. In particular, this work focuses on the design of a multi-agent architecture composed of virtual organizations with capabilities to integrate different medical sensors on an open, low-cost hardware platform. This system integrates hardware and software elements needed for the routine measurement of vital signs, performed by the patient or caregiver without having to go to a medical center.
KeywordsWNS Home care Healthcare sensors PANGEA
The research of Alberto L. Barriuso has been co-financed by the European Social Fund (Operational Programme 2014-2020 for Castilla y León, EDU/128/2015 BOCYL).
- 3.Busse, R., et al.: Tackling chronic disease in Europe: strategies, interventions and challenges. Obs. Stud. 20, 111 (2010)Google Scholar
- 6.Fraile, J.A. et al.: Context-aware multiagent system: planning home care tasks. Knowl. Inf. Syst. (2013)Google Scholar
- 10.Koutkias, V.G., et al.: Multi-agent system architecture for heart failure management in a home care environment. Comput. Cardiol. 2003, 383–386 (2003)Google Scholar
- 12.Varma, D., et al.: Development of home health care self monitoring system 4(6), 252–255 (2015)Google Scholar
- 14.Virone, G., et al.: An advanced wireless sensor network for health monitoring. Transdiscipl. Conf. Distrib. Diagnosis Home Healthc. 2–5 (2006)Google Scholar
- 17.Zato, C., et al.: PANGEA: a new platform for developing virtual organizations of agents. Int. J. Artif. Intell. 11(13A), 93–102 (2013)Google Scholar
- 18.Chris Rorden’s Neuropsychology Lab » Open source multi-channel EEG/ECG/EMG. http://www.mccauslandcenter.sc.edu/CRNL/tools/ads1298
- 19.Cooking Hacks - Electronic Kits, tutorials and guides for Makers and Education. https://www.cooking-hacks.com/
- 20.Raspberry Pi - Teach, Learn, and Make with Raspberry Pi. https://www.raspberrypi.org/