Tracking Users Mobility at Public Transportation
In this research work we propose a new approach to estimate the number of passengers in a public transportation or determinate the users’ route path based on probe requests of users mobile device through collected data in wireless access point. This data is manipulated to extract the information about the numbers of users with mobile devices and track their route path and time.
KeywordsWi-Fi Mobile device Tracking GPS
- 3.Number of mobile phone users worldwide. http://www.statista.com/statistics/274774/forecast-of-mobile-phone-users-worldwide/. Accessed May 2015
- 5.Bonné, B., Barzan, A., Quax, P., Lamotte, W.: WiFiPi: involuntary tracking of visitors at mass events. In: IEEE 14th International Symposium and Workshops on a World of Wireless, Mobile and Multimedia Networks (WoWMoM), pp. 1–6 (2013)Google Scholar
- 6.Tecmic website. www.tecmic.pt. Accessed May 2015
- 9.Musa, A.B.M., Eriksson, J.: Tracking unmodified smartphones using WiFi monitors. In: SenSys 2012, Toronto (2012)Google Scholar
- 11.Kostakos, V.: Wireless detection of passenger trips on public transport buses. LabUSE, University of Madeira, Carnegie Mellon University (2008)Google Scholar