Solar Power Satellites and Space Mining
- 678 Downloads
Space mining and solar power satellites are not science fiction. These enterprises are moving from dreams to experimental tests and technology development to the formation of actual businesses that are now seeking to implement these new resource-capturing capabilities in space.
- 1.Conversations between Peter Glaser of Arthur D. Little and Joseph N. Pelton, 1972.Google Scholar
- 2.Donald Flournoy, Solar Power Satellites (2013) Springer Press, New York.Google Scholar
- 3.Power Satellite from an Asteroid https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/16/Solar_power_satellite_from_an_asteroid.jpg. Last accessed on Dec. 15, 2015.
- 4.Deep Space Industries web site, http://deepspaceindustries.com/prospecting/. Last accessed on Dec. 17, 2015.
- 5.Ram S. Jakhu, Joseph N. Pelton and Yaw Nyampong, Space Mining and its Regulation (2017), Springer Press, New York.Google Scholar
- 6.Ram S. Jakhu, Joseph N. Pelton and Yaw Nyampong, Space Mining and its Regulation (2017), Springer Press, New York. Chapter 3.Google Scholar
- 7.Commercial Space Act of 2015, Section 4, Section § 51302. HR. 2262, November 2015.Google Scholar
- 8.Ray Kurzweil, How to Create a Mind, 2012, Viking Press, New York.Google Scholar
<SimplePara><Emphasis Type="Bold">Open Access</Emphasis> This chapter is licensed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 International License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/2.5/), which permits any noncommercial use, sharing, adaptation, distribution and reproduction in any medium or format, as long as you give appropriate credit to the original author(s) and the source, provide a link to the Creative Commons license and indicate if changes were made. </SimplePara> <SimplePara>The images or other third party material in this chapter are included in the chapter's Creative Commons license, unless indicated otherwise in a credit line to the material. If material is not included in the chapter's Creative Commons license and your intended use is not permitted by statutory regulation or exceeds the permitted use, you will need to obtain permission directly from the copyright holder.</SimplePara>