A Framework for Enhancing the Retrieval of UML Diagrams
Software design is one of the demanding task that requires a lot of experience, expertise, and knowledge in many different design alternatives. Experience software designer’s knowledge is considers as a vital asset to the software development company, especially in current competitive market environment. In order to benefit from the knowledge of experienced software designers, Software Company needs a tool to store these design knowledge for future use and retrieved those design from repository when needed, especially before developing a new system. This tool should complement the effort required to design a new system from scratch and be able to compare the requirement of a new project with the requirements of the old projects in the repository. This paper proposes a framework for reusing UML diagrams.
KeywordsSoftware reuse UML Retrieval Pre-filtering Meta-models
The author would like to acknowledge the publication support for this paper from the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE), Exploratory Research Grant Scheme No. 203/PKOMP/673140.
- 1.Adamu, A., Zainon, W.M.N.W., Salami, H.O.: Pre-filtering repository models. In: The 9th Malaysian Software Engineering Conference (MySec 2015), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, pp. 200–205 (2015). ISBN: 978-1-14799-5439-1Google Scholar
- 2.Ahmed, M.: Towards the development of integrated reuse environments for UML artifacts. In: ICSEA 2011, The Sixth International Conference on Software Engineering Advances (2011)Google Scholar
- 3.Salami, H.O., Ahmed, M.: A framework for reuse of multi-view UML artifacts. arXiv preprint arXiv:1402.0160 (2014)
- 5.Subedha, V., Sridhar, S.: Design of a conceptual reference framework for reusable software components based on context level. IJCSI Int. J. Comput. Sci. Issues 9(1), 26–31 (2012)Google Scholar
- 8.Srisura, B., et al.: Retrieving use case diagram with case-based reasoning approach. J. Theor. Appl. Inf. Technol. 19(2), 68–78 (2010)Google Scholar