Firefly Algorithm to Solve a Project Scheduling Problem
This paper describes the Software Project Scheduling Problem (SPSP) as a combinatorial optimization problem. In this problem raises the need for a process to assign a set of resources to tasks for a project in a given time, trying to decrease the duration and cost. The workers are the main resource in the project. We present the design of the resolution model to solve the SPSP using an algorithm of fireflies (Firefly Algorithm, FA). We illustrate the experimental results in order to demonstrate the viability and soundness of our approach.
KeywordsFirefly algorithm Metaheuristic Software project scheduling problem Project management
Broderick Crawford is supported by Grant CONICYT/FONDECYT/REGULAR/1140897, Ricardo Soto is supported by Grant CONICYT/FONDECYT/INICIACION/11130459, Fernando Paredes is supported by Grant CONICYT/FONDECYT/REGULAR/1130455, Franklin Johnson is supported by Postgraduate Grant PUCV 2015.
- 1.Alba, E., Chicano, F.: Software project management with gas. Inf. Sci. 177(11), 2380–2401 (2007)Google Scholar
- 4.Chang, C.K., Jiang, H.Y., Di, Y., Zhu, D., Ge, Y.: Time-line based model for software project scheduling with genetic algorithms. Inf. Softw. Technol. 50(11), 1142–1154 (2008)Google Scholar
- 5.Crawford, B., Soto, R., Castro, C., Monfroy, E.: Extensible cp-based autonomous search. In: Proceedings of HCI International. CCIS, vol. 173, pp. 561–565. Springer (2011)Google Scholar
- 8.Ozdamar, U.: A survey on the resource-constrained project scheduling problem. IIE Trans. 27(5), 574–586 (1995)Google Scholar
- 10.Yang, X., He, X.: Firefly algorithm: recent advances and applications. arXiv:1308.3898