Conceptual Design of Innovative Speech Interfaces with Augmented Reality and Interactive Systems for Controlling Loader Cranes
The paper presents a concept of implementation of augmented reality, interactive systems and an operator’s speech interface for controlling lifting devices. The aim of the experimental research is to design a prototype of an innovative system for controlling a mobile crane, equipped with a vision and sensorial system, interactive manipulators with force feedback, as well as a system for bi-directional voice communication through speech and natural language between an operator and the controlled lifting device. The system is equipped with several adaptive intelligent layers for human biometric identification, speech recognition, word recognition, analysis and recognition of commands and messages, sentence meaning analysis, command effect analysis and safety assessment, process supervision and human reaction assessment. The article presents the designed structure of an innovative system for interaction of lifting devices with their operators, which provides versatility in terms of application of the system when used for controlling and supervising modern machines and devices in conditions of difficulty or increased risk.
KeywordsIntelligent interface Interactive system Speech communication Intelligent control Augmented reality Applied neural networks
This project is financed by the National Centre for Research and Development, Poland (NCBiR), under the Applied Research Programme—Grant agreement No. PBS3/A6/28/2015.
- 1.Kacalak, W., Majewski, M., Zurada, J.M.: Intelligent e-learning systems for evaluation of user’s knowledge and skills with efficient information processing. In: Rutkowski, L., Scherer, R., Tadeusiewicz, R., Zadeh, L., Zurada, J.M. (eds.) ICAISC 2010. LNCS, vol. 6114, pp. 508–515. Springer, Heidelberg (2010)Google Scholar
- 2.Kacalak, W., Majewski, M., Budniak, Z.: Interactive systems for designing machine elements and assemblies. Manag. Prod. Eng. Rev. 6(3), 21–34 (2015). De Gruyter OpenGoogle Scholar
- 3.Kumar, A., Metze, F., Kam, M.: Enabling the rapid development and adoption of speech-user interfaces. Computer 47(1), 40–47 (2014). IEEEGoogle Scholar
- 5.Kacalak, W., Majewski, M., Budniak, Z.: Intelligent automated design of machine components using antipatterns. In: Jackowski, K., Burduk, R., Walkowiak, K., Wozniak, M., Yin, H. (eds.) IDEAL 2015. LNCS, vol. 9375, pp. 248–255. Springer, Heidelberg (2015)Google Scholar
- 6.Majewski, M., Zurada, J.M.: Sentence recognition using artificial neural networks. Knowl. Based Syst. 21(7), 629–635 (2008). ElsevierGoogle Scholar