A Decision Support System for Emergency Management of Critical Infrastructures Subjected to Natural Hazards
- 1k Downloads
Natural hazards might damage elements of Critical Infrastructures and produce perturbations on the delivered services. In addition, (inter)dependency phenomena interconnecting infrastructures, may amplify impacts through cascading effects. In this paper, we present a Decision Support System (DSS) aiming at predicting the possible effects of natural hazards on the services provided by critical infrastructures. The system employs modeling and simulation techniques to forecast the effects of natural hazards on critical infrastructures services.
KeywordsCritical Infrastructure (CI) CI Services European Flood Awareness System (EFAS) Power Demand Values Decision Support System Architecture
This work was developed from the FP7 Network of Excellence CIPRNet, which is being partly funded by the European Commission under grant number FP7-312450-CIPRNet. The European Commissions support is gratefully acknowledged. The authors wish to thank Dr. Gregorio D’Agostino who provided valuable comments and support to the writing of this work.
- 1.Ventura, C., Marti, J.R., Hollman, J.A., Juarez, H.: Mapping of interdependencies through integrated hazard analysis: Case study of a canadian university campus. In: 14th World Conference on Earthquake Engineering, pp. 12–17, October 2008Google Scholar
- 2.ISIDe, Italian Seismological Instrumental and Parametric Database. http://iside.rm.ingv.it/iside/standard/index.jsp/
- 3.UrbanFlood, FP7 UrbanFlood project (2012). http://www.urbanflood.eu
- 4.Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council establishing the Copernicus Programme and repealing Regulation (EU) No. 911/2010Google Scholar
- 5.SIT\(\_\)MEW, Italian National project co-funded by Italian Ministry of Education, Universities and Research (MIUR)Google Scholar
- 6.Rosato, V., Di Pietro, A., Aprea, G., Delfanti, R., La Porta, L., Marti, J.R., Lusina, P., Pollino, M.: Interaction between environmental and technological systems: toward an unifying approach for risk prediction. In: CRITIS (2012)Google Scholar