Sensor Data Validation and Reconstruction in Water Networks: A Methodology and Software Implementation
- 1k Downloads
In this paper, a data validation and reconstruction methodology that can be applied to the sensors used for real-time monitoring in water networks is presented. On the one hand, a validation approach based on quality levels is described to detect potential invalid and missing data. On the other hand, the reconstruction strategy is based on a set of temporal and spatial models used to estimate missing/invalid data with the model estimation providing the best fit. A software tool implementing the proposed data validation and reconstruction methodology is also presented. Finally, results obtained applying the proposed methodology on raw data of flow meters gathered from a real water network are also included to illustrate the performance of the proposed approach.
KeywordsData validation Data reconstruction Time series
This work is partially supported by CICYT SHERECS DPI-2011-26243 of the Spanish Ministry of Education, by EFFINET grant FP7-ICT-2012-318556 of the European Commission and by AGAUR Doctorat Industrial 2013-DI-041. The authors also wish to thank the support received by the company ATLL in the development of this work.
- 1.Blanch, J., Puig, V., Saludes, J., Quevedo, J.: Arima models for data consistency of flowmeters in water distribution networks. In: 7th IFAC Symposium on Fault Detection, Supervision and Safety of Technical Processes, pp. 480–485 (2009)Google Scholar
- 2.Makridakis, S., Wheelwright, S., Hyndman, R.: Forecasting methods and applications. Wiley, New York (1998)Google Scholar
- 3.Quevedo, J., Blanch, J., Puig, V., Saludes, J., Espin, S., Roquet, J.: Methodology of a data validation and reconstructions tool to improve the reliability of the water network supervision. In: International Conference of IWA Water Loss, Sao Paolo, Brazil (2010)Google Scholar
- 4.Quevedo, J., Blanch, J., Puig, V., Saludes, J., Roquet, J., Espin, S.: Methodology to determine the drinking water transport network efficiency based on interval computation of annual performance. Revista Automática e Instrumentación 408, 44–49 (2009)Google Scholar
- 5.Quevedo, J., Chen, H., Cugueró, M.A., Tino, P., Puig, V., García, D., Sarrate, R., Yao, X.: Combining learning in model space fault diagnosis with data validation/reconstruction: application to the barcelona water network. Eng. Appl. Artif. Intell. 30, 18–29 (2014). http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0952197614000153 CrossRefGoogle Scholar