Part of the Carbon Materials: Chemistry and Physics book series (CMCP, volume 9)
Hosoya Index of Splices, Bridges, and Necklaces
The Hosoya index Z(G) of a graph G is the total number of matchings in G. We present explicit formulas for the Hosoya indices of several classes of graphs that arise from simpler graphs by repeating application of two simple operations.
KeywordsSimple Graph Topological Index Central Vertex Pendent Vertex Lucas Number
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- Ashrafi AR, Hamzeh A, Hossein-Zadeh S (2011) Calculation of some topological indices of splices and links of graphs. J Appl Math Inform 29:327–335Google Scholar
- Cyvin SJ, Gutman I (1988) Hosoya index of fused molecules. MATCH Commun Math Comput Chem 23:89–94Google Scholar
- Došlić T (2005) Splices, links and their degree-weighted Wiener polynomials. Graph Theory Notes NY 48:47–55Google Scholar
- Gutman I, Kolaković N, Cyvin SJ (1989) Hosoya index of some polymers. MATCH Commun Math Comput Chem 24:105–117Google Scholar
- Imrich W, Klavžar S (2000) Product graphs: structure and recognition. Wiley, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- Sharafdini R, Gutman I (2013) Splice graphs and their topological indices. Kragujevac J Sci 35:89–98Google Scholar
- The Online Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences, OEIS Foundation. http://oeis.org
© Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016