An Application-Oriented Efficient Encapsulation System for Trusted Software Development
- 370 Downloads
Trusted computing provides an efficient and practical way out for system security problems based on a trusted hardware, namely the root of trust, e.g., Trusted Platform Module (TPM), Trusted Cryptographic Module (TCM), Trusted Platform Control Module (TPCM), so on and so forth. However, current applications calling for trusted functions have to use either the user-space trusted interfaces (e.g., Trusted Software Stack (TSS) API) or to implement customized APIs on top of the trusted hardware driver; both of them are well known of steep learning curve, which indicates error prone and low-efficient development and complex maintenance for the application of trusted software. This paper presents a new trusted encapsulation architecture and the proof-of-concept system with the aim to mitigate the gap between the current obscure trusted APIs and the actual trusted applications for trusted software development. Our system can provide high-level and much simplified trusted transaction interfaces for user applications, which can rapidly reduce the development and maintenance work for the developers and users without too much performance costs. We also present a secure remote login use-case using mainly the binding and unbinding trusted functions of our trusted encapsulation architecture.
KeywordsTrusted computing Application-oriented Trusted software development
This work is supported by grants from the China 863 High-tech Programme (Project No. 2015AA016002) and Specialized Research Fund for the Doctoral Program of Higher Education (Project No. 20131103120001).
- 2.Zhang, K., et al.: Reconfigurable security protection system based on NetFPGA and embedded soft-core technology. In: The International Conference on Computer Design and Applications (ICCDA 2010), vol. 5, pp. 540–544 (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Trusted Computing Group: TPM main specification. Main specification version 1.2 rev. 103, Trusted Computing Group, July 2007Google Scholar
- 7.Trusted Computing Group: TCG Software Stack (TSS) specifiction, version 1.2, Errata A[EB/OL] (2009). http://www.trustedcomputinggroup.org/resources/tcg-SOftware_stack-tss_specification
- 9.Trusted Computing Group: TCG architecture TPM library specification 2.0 (2014). http://www.trustedcomputinggroup.org/resources/tpm_library_specification/
- 10.State Cryptography Administration Office of Security Commercial Code Administration (OSCCA): Functionality and Interface Specification of Cryptographic Support Platform for Trusted Computing. http://www.oscca.gov.cn/UpFile/File64.PDF