The Numerical Prediction of the Tensile Behaviour of Multilayer Woven Tapes Made by Multifilament Yarns
- 582 Downloads
Woven belts and tapes are used in wide area of technical applications and as reinforcement for composites. Contrary to the art design of the woven fabrics, where the colour and pattern appearance is more important than the mechanical parameters, in the technical products the strength, stiffness, compressibility and other mechanical properties have the importance.
KeywordsWeft Yarn Warp Yarn Testing Circle Technical Tape Multifilament Yarn
Stepan Lomov is a Toray Professor of a Toray Chair for Composite Materials in KU Leuven. His work reported here was partially funded by Centre of Design, Manufacturing and Materials (CDMM) of Skoltech (Russia) under agreement MRA-335 with KU Leuven.
- 2.G. Grail, M. Hirsekorn, A. Wendling, G. Hivet, R. Hambli, Consistent finite element mesh generation for meso-scale modeling of textile composites with preformed and compacted reinforcements. Compos. A Appl. Sci. Manuf. 55, 143–151 (2013). doi: 10.1016/j.compositesa.2013.09.001 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 4.F. Heuwinkel, Analyse Mechanischer Eigenschaften von Bandgeweben (Hochschule Niederrhein, 2011)Google Scholar
- 6.Y.K. Kyosev, in Simulation of Wound Packages, Woven, Braided and Knitted Structures. ed. by D. Veit (Simulation in Textile Technology, Elsevier, 2012), pp. 266–314Google Scholar
- 10.S.V. Lomov, A. Willems, D. Vandepitte, I. Verpoest, in Simulations of Shear and Tension of Glass/PP Woven Fabrics. eds. by N. Juster, A. Rosochowski. The 9th International Conference on Material Forming ESAFORM, pp. 783–786Google Scholar
- 12.G. Stamoulis, C. Wagner-Kocher, M. Renner, An experimental technique to study the transverse mechanical behaviour of polymer monofilaments. Exp. Techn. 26–31 (2005)Google Scholar