Prior Classification of Stego Containers as a New Approach for Enhancing Steganalyzers Accuracy
- 871 Downloads
We introduce a novel “prior classification” approach which can be employed in order to enhance the accuracy of stego detectors as well as to estimate it more subtly. The prior classification is intended for selection a subset of a testing set with such a property that a detection error, calculated over this subset, may be substantially lower than that calculated over the whole set. Our experiments demonstrated that it is possible to select about 30 % of the BOSSbase images for which HUGO 0.4 bpp is detected with the error less than 0.003, while the error over the whole set is 0.141. We also demonstrated that it is possible to find about 5 % of the BOSSbase images which provide the detection error for HUGO 0.1 bpp less than 0.05, while the error, calculated over the whole set, is about 0.37 which is not quite a reliable accuracy.
KeywordsInformation hiding Steganalysis HUGO Prior classification Feature-based steganalysis SRM features Ensemble classifier
This research has been supported by the Russian Foundation of Basic Research, grant no. 14-01-31484.
- 2.Biryukov, A., Nakahara Jr., J., Preneel, B., Vandewalle, J.: New weak-key classes of IDEA. In: Deng, R.H., Qing, S., Bao, F., Zhou, J. (eds.) ICICS 2002. LNCS, vol. 2513, pp. 315–326. Springer, Heidelberg (2002)Google Scholar
- 7.Holub, V., Fridrich, J.: Designing steganographic distortion using directional filters. In: Proceedings 4th IEEE International Workshop on Information Forensics and Security, pp. 234–239. IEEE (2012)Google Scholar
- 8.Holub, V., Fridrich, J.: Digital image steganography using universal distortion. In: Proceedings 1th ACM Workshop Information Hiding and Multimedia Security, pp. 59–68 (2013)Google Scholar
- 11.Ker, A., et al.: Moving steganography and steganalysis from the laboratory into the real world. In: Proceedings 1st ACM Workshop on Information Hiding and Multimedia Security, pp. 45–58. ACM (2013)Google Scholar
- 12.Kodovsky, J., Fridrich, J., Holub, V.: Ensemble classifiers for steganalysis of digital media. IEEE Trans. Inf. Forensics Secur. 7(2), 434–444 (2011)Google Scholar
- 13.Monarev, V., Pestunov, A.: A known-key scenario for steganalysis and a highly accurate detector within it. In: Proceedings IEEE 10th International Conference on Intelligent Information Hiding and Multimedia Signal Processing, pp. 175–178. IEEE (2014)Google Scholar
- 15.Pevny, T.: Detecting messages of unknown length. In: Proceedings 8th Media Watermarking, Security and Forensics, pp. 1–12 (2011)Google Scholar
- 17.Feature Extractors for Steganalysis. http://dde.binghamton.edu/download/feature_extractors/
- 18.Break our watermarking system 2nd ed. http://bows2.ec-lille.fr/
- 19.Break our steganographic system. http://www.agents.cz/boss/
- 20.NRCS photo gallery. http://photogallery.nrcs.usda.gov/