- 16k Downloads
This chapter is a kick-start into Python. It shows how to install Python under Windows, Linux, or MacOS, and walks step-by-step through documented programming examples. The most important statistics packages for Python are introduced. Tips are given to help avoid some of the problems frequently encountered while learning Python.
KeywordsCommand Line Python Script Group Object Python Program Python Package
- Harms, D., & McDonald, K. (2010). The quick python book (2nd ed.). Greenwich: Manning Publications Co.Google Scholar
- Olson, R. (2012). Statistical analysis made easy in python. http://www.randalolson.com/2012/08/06/statistical-analysis-made-easy-in-python/ Google Scholar
- Pilon, C. D. (2015). Probabilistic programming and Bayesian methods for hackers. http://camdavidsonpilon.github.io/Probabilistic-Programming-and-Bayesian-Methods-for-Hackers/ Google Scholar
- Scopatz, A., & Huff, K. D. (2015). Effective computation in physics. Sebastopol: O’Reilly Media.Google Scholar
- Sheppard, K. (2015). Introduction to python for econometrics, statistics and data analysis. http://www.kevinsheppard.com/images/0/09/Python_introduction.pdf Google Scholar