A Provably Secure Ciphertext-Policy Hierarchical Attribute-Based Encryption
With the booming growth of network technology, the problems of information disclosure are becoming more and more serious. The attribute-based encryption has been one of hotspots for the advantage of fine-grained access control. In this paper, a provably secure ciphertext-policy hierarchical attribute-based encryption is proposed, which can satisfy the need of attribute hierarchy in attribute-based encryption and overcome the shortage of access control policies in the logic operations. We give a solution to the problem of hierarchical relationship between attributes in the same category in attribute-based encryption and provide a more expressive description of the access control structure. The security of the proposed CP-HABE scheme is proved in the standard model on the basis of decisional l parallel-BDHE assumption. Also the performance analysis is provided.
KeywordsAttribute–based encryption Hierarchical attribute Ciphertext-policy Access control
This work is partly supported by the Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities (No. NZ2015108), and the China Postdoctoral Science Foundation funded project (2015M571752), and the Jiangsu Planned Projects for Postdoctoral Research Funds (1402033C), and Open Project Foundation of Information Technology Research Base of Civil Aviation Administration of China(NO.CAAC-ITRB-201405).
- 6.Liu, X., Xia, Y., Jiang, S., Xia, F., Wang, Y.: Hierarchical attribute-based access control with authentication for outsourced data in cloud computing. In: 2013 12th IEEE International Conference on Trust, Security and Privacy in Computing and Communications (TrustCom), pp. 477–484. IEEE (2013)Google Scholar
- 8.Goyal, V., Pandey, O., Sahai, A., Waters, B.: Attribute-based encryption for fine-grained access control of encrypted data. In: Proceedings of the 13th ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security, pp. 89–98. ACM (2006)Google Scholar
- 9.Bethencourt, J., Sahai, A., Waters, B.: Ciphertext-policy attribute-based encryption. In: IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy, 2007, SP 2007, pp. 321–334. IEEE (2007)Google Scholar
- 10.Cheung, L., Newport, C.: Provably secure ciphertext policy ABE. In: Proceedings of the 14th ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security, pp. 456–465. ACM (2007)Google Scholar
- 11.Goyal, V., Jain, A., Pandey, O., Sahai, A.: Bounded ciphertext policy attribute based encryption. In: Aceto, L., Damgård, I., Goldberg, L.A., Halldórsson, M.M., Ingólfsdóttir, A., Walukiewicz, I. (eds.) ICALP 2008, Part II. LNCS, vol. 5126, pp. 579–591. Springer, Heidelberg (2008)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 12.Kapadia, A., Tsang, P.P., Smith, S.W.: Attribute-based publishing with hidden credentials and hidden policies. In: NDSS, pp. 179–192 (2007)Google Scholar