Round Jets in a Cross Shear Flow
In this chapter, results of experimental and numerical studies on characteristics of development of a round jet with a parabolic mean velocity profile at the nozzle exit in cross flow are presented. Basic distinctions in characteristics of development of a round jet with a top-hat and a parabolic mean velocity profiles at the nozzle exit are shown.
KeywordsVelocity Profile Ring Vortex Nozzle Exit Cross Flow Streaky Structure
- Grek GR, Kozlov VV, Kozlov GV, Litvinenko YA (2009) Instability modeling of a laminar round jet with parabolic mean velocity profile at the nozzle exit. Byull. Novosibirsk State Univ., Ser. Fiz. 4(1):14–324, (in Russian)Google Scholar
- Kozlov GV, Grek GR, Sorokin AM, Litvinenko YA (2008) Influence of the initial conditions at the nozzle exit on a flow structure and stability of the plane jet. Byull. Novosibirsk State Univ. Ser. Fiz. 3(3):25–37 (in Russian)Google Scholar
- New TH, Lim TT, Luo SC (2004) A flow field study of an elliptic jet in cross-flow using DPIV technique. Exp Fluids 36:604–618Google Scholar
- Rist U, Günes H (2008) Qualitative and quantitative characterization of a jet and vortex actuator. Abstracts of 7th ERCOFTAC SIG33 Workshop, pp 35–35, Genova, Italy, 16–18 Oct 2008Google Scholar
- Selent B (2008) DNS of jet in crossflow on a flat plate boundary layer. Abstracts of 7th ERCOFTAC SIG33 Workshop pp 31–31, Genova, Italy, 16–18 Oct 2008Google Scholar