Challenges for Brilliant Business Models in Healthcare
- 1.2k Downloads
In the ideal world all medically necessary care is universally accessible and at a high quality level. In reality good care is financially and/or practically only available for a portion of the population. Healthcare costs have risen quickly all around the world. While healthcare systems differ all countries are challenged to improve the patient experience of care and the health of populations while reducing the per capita cost of healthcare. The challenges facing healthcare can be bundled into five desired breakthroughs: mutual caring & sharing, prevention & self-management, Patient-centered everyday care, instruments for self-control and differentiation in specialized healthcare.
KeywordsHealthcare System Business Model Healthcare Cost Chronic Disorder Healthcare Practitioner
- Bekkum, T. (2013). Bouwen aan organisatie identiteit—Sturen op waardecreatie, reputatie en verandering met het corporate merk. Amsterdam: Adfo Groep.Google Scholar
- Berwich, D. M., Nolan T. W., & Whittington, J. (2012). The triple aim: Care, health, and cost, May 2008. Health Affairs, 27(3), 759–769.Google Scholar
- Björnberg, A. (2012). Euro health consumer index, 2012-05-15—Health consumer powerhouse. Retrieved January 19, 2014, from http://www.healthpowerhouse.com.
- Christensen, C. M. (1997). The innovator’s solution: Creating and sustaining successful growth. Boston: Harvard Business School Press.Google Scholar
- Christensen, C. M., Grossman, J. H., & Hwang, J. (2009). The innovator’s prescription—A disruptive solution for health care. New York: McGraw-Hill.Google Scholar
- Institute for Healthcare Improvement. (2012). Retrieved January 15, 2015, from http://www.ihi.org/Engage/Initiatives/TripleAim/pages/default.aspx.
- Ismail, S., Malone, M., & van Geest, Y. (2014). Exponential organizations (Engels)—Why new organizations are ten times better, faster, and cheaper than yours (and what to do about it). New York: Diversion Books.Google Scholar
- Kemperman, J. E. B., Edelman, T., & van der Pool, H. (2000, May). Strategisch ketenmanagement. In Holland Management Review, no. 71.Google Scholar
- Schumpeter, J. A. (1934). The theory of economic development. Boston: Harvard Business School Press.Google Scholar
- van Wijngaarden, A. (2012). Zeven vette jaren in de zorg—Zelfverrijking, miljoenenfraude en medische missers. Groningen: Uitgeverij Passage.Google Scholar
- World Economic Forum & McKinsey. (2013). Sustainable health systems—Visions, strategies, critical uncertainties and scenarios. Cologny/Switzerland: World Economic Forum/Geneva.Google Scholar