Why You Should Love Trucks
Nearly everything in our modern world was on a truck, even if only for the last mile: the furnishings and building materials in every home, store, office, and factory, the food you eat, from planting and harvest to stove-top and dinner plate, and even the asphalt and concrete in the roads that trucks travel on.
KeywordsSupply Chain Diesel Engine Transportation Fuel Heavy Truck Tank Truck
- Apple. 2015. Supplier List 2014. http://www.apple.com/supplier-responsibility/our-suppliers/.
- ATA. 2015. Trucks bring life’s essentials. American trucking association. http://www.trucking.org/Trucks_Bring_It.aspx.
- Bradley, M.J., et al. 2009. Setting the stage for regulation of heavy-duty vehicle fuel economy & GHG emissions. International council on clean transportation.Google Scholar
- Brogan, J.J., et al. 2013. Freight transportation modal shares: scenarios for a low-carbon future. National renewable energy laboratory.Google Scholar
- CRS. 2012. Funding and financing highways and public transportation, report R42877. Congressional research service.Google Scholar
- CTP. 2015. CTP members. Coalition for transportation productivity.Google Scholar
- FHWA. Federal highway administration. 2000. Addendum to the 1997 Federal highway cost allocation study final report. Federal highway administration.Google Scholar
- Forbis, G. 2008. Rising fuel prices. U.S. department of transportation.Google Scholar
- HDT. 2014. 121 ways to save fuel. http://www.truckinginfo.com.
- Hjort, M., et al. 2008. Road wear from heavy vehicles—an overview. NVF committee Vehicles and Transports.Google Scholar
- House 113-36. 2013. Perspectives from users of the nation’s freight system. House of representatives.Google Scholar
- NPC. 2012. Topic paper 2. Rail transportation demand. National petroleum council.Google Scholar
- NRC. 2010. Technologies and approaches to reducing the fuel consumption of medium- and heavy-duty vehicles. National academies press.Google Scholar
- Parry, I., et al. 2014. Getting energy prices right. International monetary fund.Google Scholar
- Swift, E. 2012. The big roads. Mariner books.Google Scholar
- USDOE. U.S. 2008. Department of energy. Transportation energy data book.Google Scholar
- USDOT. U.S. Department of Transportation. 2000. Addendum to the 1997 Federal highway cost allocation study. Federal highway administration.Google Scholar