The Use of Simulation Software for the Improving the Supply Chain: The Case of Automotive Sector
The effective decision making in the supply chain automotive can be complex because the number of suppliers and customers who form part of it. For this reason, is necessary the use of tools to help the stakeholder in the selection of better decisions that allows for improving the performance of the supply chain, one of these tools is the simulation. In this paper a system dynamics approach is used to develop a simulation model to evaluate three different scenarios that improve the performance of supply chain automotive.
KeywordsSimulation software Supply chain automotive Decision making
This work was supported by the National Council for Science and Technology of Mexico (CONACYT), National Technology of Mexico (TNM), and the Ministry of Public Education in Mexico (SEP) through PRODEP.
- 2.Agte J., Borer N., de Weck O.: A simulation-based design model for analysis and optimization of multi-state aircraft performance. In: 6th AIAA Multidisciplinary Design Optimization Specialist Conference, pp. 12–15. Orlando, Florida (2010)Google Scholar
- 3.Oliva, R., Watson, N: What drives supply chain behavior? Research & Ideas. Harvard Business Review. http://hbswk.hbs.edu/item/4170.html (2007)
- 4.Umeda, S., Lee T.: Design specifications of a generic Supply Chain Simulator. In: Proceedings of the 2004 Winter Simulation Conference, pp. 1158–1166 (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Angerhofer, B., Angelides, M.: System dynamics modelling in supply chain management: research view. In: Proccedings of the 2000 Winter Simulation Conference, pp. 342–351 (2000)Google Scholar
- 6.Sterman, J.: Business dynamics—systems thinking and modeling for a complex world. Mc Graw Hill, Boston (2000)Google Scholar
- 7.Ritchie-Dunham J. et al.: A strategic supply chain simulation model. In: Proccedings of the 2000 Winter Simulation Conference, pp. 1260–1264Google Scholar
- 8.Georgiadis, P., Vlachos, D., Iakovou, E.: A system dynamics modeling framework for a strategic suppl chain management of food chains. J. Food Eng. 70, 351–364 (2004)Google Scholar
- 14.AMIA: www.amia.com.mx (2015)
- 16.Forrester, J.: Industrial dynamics. Editorial Pegasus (1961)Google Scholar