Paired Structures, Imprecision Types and Two-Level Knowledge Representation by Means of Opposites
- 431 Downloads
Opposition-based models are a current hot-topic in knowledge representation. The point of this paper is to suggest that opposition can be in fact introduced at two different levels, those of the predicates of interest being represented (as short/tall) and of the logical references (true/false) used to evaluate the verification of the former. We study this issue by means of the consideration of different paired structures at each level. We also pay attention at how different types of fuzziness may be introduced in these paired structures to model imprecision and lack of knowledge. As a consequence, we obtain a unifying framework for studying the relationships between different knowledge representation models and different kinds of uncertainty.
KeywordsIntuitionistic fuzzy sets Bipolar fuzzy sets Paired fuzzy sets
This paper has been partially supported by grants TIN2012-32482 of the Government of Spain and S2013/ICCE-2845 of the Government of Madrid.
- 6.Cacioppo, J.T., Berntson, G.G.: The affect system, architecture and operating characteristics—current directions. Psychol. Sci. 8, 133–137 (1999)Google Scholar
- 14.Likert, R.: A technique for the measurement of attitudes. Arch. Psychol. 140, 1–55 (1932)Google Scholar
- 18.Montero, J., Bustince, H., Franco, C., Rodríguez, J.T., Gómez, D., Pagola, M., Fernandez, J., Barrenechea, E.: Paired structures and bipolar knowledge representation, Working paperGoogle Scholar
- 19.Osgood, C.E., Suci, G.J., Tannenbaum, P.H.: The Measurement of Meaning. University of Illinois Press, Urbana (1957)Google Scholar
- 20.Rodríguez, J.T., Franco, C., Gómez, D., Montero, J.: Paired structures and other opposites-based models. Proc. of IFSA-EUSFLAT 1375–1381, 2015 (2015)Google Scholar
- 21.Rodríguez, J.T., Franco, C., Montero, J.: On the semantics of bipolarity and fuzziness. Proc. Eurofuse 193–205, 2011 (2011)Google Scholar
- 22.Rodríguez, J.T., Franco, C., Montero, J., Lu, J.: Paired structures in logical and semiotic models of natural language. Inf. Process. Manage. Uncertainty Knowl.-Based Syst. Part II, 566–575 (2014)Google Scholar