A Membrane Computing Model for Generation of Picture Arrays
In the bio-inspired area of membrane computing, P system is a versatile model providing a rich framework for many computational problems. Array P system and its variant with parallel rewriting facilitate the study of picture languages within this area of membrane computing. Here another variant of array P system, called tabled parallel array P system (TPAP), is introduced, by endowing it with the features of parallel rewriting and tables of array-rewriting rules. The generative power of TPAP as well as the ability of this system in describing picture patterns are investigated.
KeywordsBio-inspired computing Membrane computing P system Picture language
The first author would like to thank Ministry of Higher Education for the award of MyPhD under which this research was jointly carried out by him. The second author gratefully acknowledges support for this research from an RUI grant 1001/PKOMP/811290 awarded by Universiti Sains Malaysia. The third author gratefully acknowledges support for this research from Science Fund of Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation (MOSTI), Malaysia with grant code: 01-01-02-SF1104.
- 2.Freund, R.: Array Grammars. Technical report 15/00, Research Group on Mathematical Linguistics, Rovira i Virgili University, Tarragona, p. 164 (2000)Google Scholar
- 5.Pan, L., Păun, G.: On parallel array P systems. In: Adamatzky, A. (ed.) Automata, Universality, Computation. Emergence, Complexity and Computation, vol. 12, pp. 171–181. Springer, Switzerland (2015)Google Scholar
- 8.Rosenfeld, A., Siromoney, R.: Picture languages - a survey. Lang. Des. 1, 229–245 (1993)Google Scholar
- 14.Subramanian, K.G., Isawasan, P., Venkat, I., Pan, L.: Parallel array-rewriting P systems. Rom. J. Inf. Sci. Technol. 17(1), 103–116 (2014)Google Scholar
- 15.Wang, P.S.P. (ed.): Array Grammars, Patterns and Recognizers. Series in Computer Science, vol. 18. World Scientific, Singapore (1989)Google Scholar