Tabu-Search Algorithm for Optimization of Elastic Optical Network Based Distributed Computing Systems
In the paper we consider expanded routing and spectrum assignment problem in distributed computing system based on elastic optical network. Computational tasks generated by clients at network nodes are divided into subtasks and sent to data centers to provide computations. The problem consists in simultaneously dividing computational tasks into subtasks and for each subtask assigning data center, route and spectrum in elastic optical network. The considered traffic type is an extension of classical anycast traffic, since one on few data centers may be the target (destination) of each demand. In the paper, we formulate a new optimization problem as an ILP model and propose meta-heuristic algorithm based on tabu search method. Then, we present computational experiments for exemplifying network, reporting the quality of heuristic solutions an characteristics of considered optimization problem.
KeywordsDistributed computing Elastic optical network Anycast Tabu search RSA problem
This work was supported by the Polish National Science Centre (NCN) under Grant DEC-2012/07/B/ST7/01215 and statutory funds of the Department of Systems and Computer Networks, Wroclaw University of Technology.
- 1.Yoo, S.J.B., Yin, Y., Proietti, R.: Elastic optical networking and low-latency high-radix optical switches for future cloud computing. In: Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Networking and Communications, pp. 1097–1101 (2013)Google Scholar
- 2.ITU-T Recommendation G.694.1 (ed. 2.0): Spectral Grids for WDM Applications: DWDM frequency grid (2012)Google Scholar
- 7.Walkowiak, K., Kasprzak, A., Klinkowski, M.: Dynamic routing of anycast and unicast traffic in elastic optical networks. In: 2014 IEEE International Conference on Communications, pp. 3313–3318 (2014)Google Scholar
- 8.Zhang, L., Zhu, Z.: Dynamic anycast in inter-datacenter networks over elastic optical infrastructure. In: 2014 International Conference on Computing, Networking and Communications, pp. 491–495 (2014)Google Scholar
- 11.IBM ILOG CPLEX Documentation. www-01.ibm.com