Multi Population Pattern Searching Algorithm for Solving Routing Spectrum Allocation with Joint Unicast and Anycast Problem in Elastic Optical Networks
Exponentially growing network traffic is triggered by different services including cloud computing, Content Delivery Networks and other. To satisfy these needs, new network technologies like Elastic Optical Networks (EON) are proposed. The EONs bring new, hard optimization problems, like Routing and Spectrum Allocation problem considered in this paper. The well-known and common tools to solve the NP-hard problems are Evolutionary Algorithms (EA). A number of EA-based methods were proposed to solve the RSA problem. However, the papers concerning the RSA problem omit the relatively new propositions of linkage learning methods. Therefore this paper proposes a new effective method that includes linkage learning, local optimization and is based on a novel, effective work schema to fill this gap.
KeywordsLinkage learning MuPPetS Local optimization Hybrid methods Elastic optical networks Routing and spectrum allocation
The author of this work would like to express his sincere appreciation to his advisor professor Krzysztof Walkowiak for his valuable suggestions during the paper redaction process.
This work was supported in by the Polish National Science Centre (NCN) under Grant DEC-2012/07/B/ST7/01215 and by the European Commission under the 7th Framework Programme, Coordination and Support Action, Grant Agreement Number 316097, ENGINE – European research centre of Network intelliGence for INnovation Enhancement.
- 1.Aibin, M., Walkowiak, K.: Simulated Annealing algorithm for optimization of elastic optical networks with unicast and anycast traffic. In: Proceedings of 16th International Conference on Transparent Optical Networks ICTON (2014)Google Scholar
- 3.Chen, Y., Sastry, K., Goldberg, D.E.: A Survey of Linkage Learning Techniques in Genetic and Evolutionary Algorithms. In: IlliGAL Report No. 2007014, Illinois Genetic Algorithms Laboratory (2007)Google Scholar
- 6.Goldberg, D.E., et. al.: Rapid, accurate optimization of difficult problems using fast messy genetic algorithms. In: Proceedings of 5th International Conference on Genetic Algorithms (1993)Google Scholar
- 8.Huang, T., Li, B.: A genetic algorithm using priority-based encoding for routing and spectrum assignment in elastic optical networks. In: Proceedings of ICICTA (2014)Google Scholar
- 9.ILOG AMPL/CPLEX software. ILOG website: www.ilog.com/products/cplex/
- 13.Orlowski, S., Wessaly, R., Pioro, M., Tomaszewski, A.: SNDlib 1.0—survivable network design library. Networks 55(3), 276–286 (2010)Google Scholar
- 14.Patel, A.N., Ji, P.N., Jue, J.P., Ting, W.: A naturally-inspired algorithm for routing, wavelength assignment, and spectrum allocation in flexible grid WDM networks. In: Proceedings of IEEE GC Workshops (2012)Google Scholar
- 16.Walkowiak, K., Klinkowski, M.: Joint anycast and unicast routing for elastic Optical networks: modeling and optimization. In: Proceedings of IEEE ICC (2013)Google Scholar
- 19.Xiang, Z., Wei, L., Long, G., Zuqing, Z.: Dynamic RMSA in elastic optical networks with an adaptive genetic algorithm. In: Proceedings of IEEE GLOBECOM (2012)Google Scholar