Performance of BER Channel Estimation and Tracking Based on DD-NLMS for Indoor and Outdoor Environment in MIMO OFDM
This paper is focusing on the performance of the proposed extended MIMO channel model based on 3D wave scattering with NLMS channel estimator using simulations, in the context of communication system with MIMO antenna operating in outdoor and indoor environments. Different training rates and different Doppler frequencies are used to track time-variations of the channel. The adaptive algorithm is namely Least Means Square (LMS) algorithm and normalized LMS (NLMS). The performance is evaluated in system BER, for different Doppler frequencies (correspond to different mobility speeds). Simulation results have demonstrated that time-domain adaptive channel estimation and tracking in MIMO OFDM systems based on the DD-NLMS is very effective in slowly to moderate time-varying fading channels. This paper provides analysis, evaluation and computer simulations in MATLAB.
KeywordsLittle Means Square Doppler Frequency Recursive Little Square Multiple Input Multiple Output OFDM Symbol
This work was supported in part by the Faculty of Electrical Engineering University Teknologi MARA, Shah Alam Selangor.
- 1.Van de Beek, J.J., Edfors, O., MSandell, M., Wilson, S.K., Borjesson, P.O.: On channel estimation in OFDM systems. In: Vehicular Technology Conference, vol. 2 (1995)Google Scholar
- 2.Uysal, M., Al-Dhahir, N.: A space time block coded OFDM for unknown frequency selective fading channels. IEEE Trans. Commun. 5(10), 393–395 (2003)Google Scholar
- 3.Sklar, B.: Digital Communication Fundamentals and Application, 2nd edn. Pearson Education, Asia (2001)Google Scholar
- 4.Pandey, A., Malviya, L., Sharma, V.: Comparative study of LMS and NLMS algorithms in adaptive equalizer. Int. J. Eng. Res. Appl. 2(3), 1584–1587 (2012)Google Scholar
- 5.Rana, M.: Performance comparison of LMS and RLS channel estimation algorithms for 4G MIMO OFDM systems. In: 14th International Conference on Computer and Information Technology, (ICCIT), pp. 22–24 (2011)Google Scholar
- 6.Kabir, A., Rahman, K., Hussain, I.: Performance study of LMS and NLMS adaptive algorithms in interference cancellation of speech signals. J. State Univ. Bangladesh. 1:57–65 (2007)Google Scholar