A Multiple Path-Metrics Based Multi-path Routing Protocol for Providing Differentiated QoS to Various Data Traffic
In this paper, we propose a novel multiple path-metrics based multi-path (MPMP) routing protocol, which can find the most suitable route that satisfies the requirements of various data traffic in mobile ad hoc networks (MANETs). In order to provide differentiated QoS to various traffic, we propose a weighted cost function based on multiple path metrics, and D-ETX (Data-driven ETX) and available bandwidth estimation methods. To our best knowledge, this work is the first attempt to consider the multiple metrics-based multi-path selections for providing differentiated QoS to various traffic in MANETs. Simulation results demonstrate that the proposed protocol can achieve a significant improvement in terms of packet delivery ratio and end-to-end delay over existing protocols.
KeywordsData Packet Destination Node Delivery Ratio Packet Delivery Ratio Data Traffic
This work was supported by the 2014 Research Fund of University of Ulsan.
- 3.Hanzo, L.I., Tafazolli, R.: A survey of QoS routing solutions for mobile ad hoc networks. IEEE Commun. Surv. Tutorials 9(2) 50–70 (2007)Google Scholar
- 5.Liu, C., Liu, K., Li, L.: Research of QoS-aware routing protocol with load balancing for mobile ad hoc networks. In: Proceedings of 4th International Conference on Wireless Communications, Networking and Mobile Computing, pp. 1–5 (2008)Google Scholar
- 6.Ahn, H., Seo, Y., Kim J., Ko, Y-B., Lee C., Kim, K.-J.: Multi-metric geo-routing protocol for tactical ad hoc networks. In: Proceedings of 2013 International Conference on Information Networking (ICOIN), pp. 89–94 (2013)Google Scholar
- 7.Cao, L., Sharif, K., Wang, Y., Dahlberg, T.: Adaptive multiple metrics routing protocols for heterogeneous multi-hop wireless networks. In: Proceedings of 5th IEEE Consumer Communications and Networking Conference (CCNC), pp. 13–17 (2008)Google Scholar
- 9.Hwang, Y., Varshney, P.: An adaptive QoS routing protocol with dispersity for ad- hoc networks. In: Proceedings of the 36th Annual Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, pp. 302–311 (2003)Google Scholar
- 10.Couto, D.S.J.D., Aguayo, D., Bicket, J., Morris, R.: A high-throughput path metric for multi-hop wireless routing. In: MobiCom ‘03 Proceedings of the 9th Annual International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking, pp. 134–146 (2003)Google Scholar
- 11.Sun, Y., Sheriff, I., Belding-Royer, E.M., Almeroth, K.C.: An experimental study of multimedia traffic performance in mesh networks. In: Proceedings of International Workshop on Wireless Traffic Measurements and Modeling, pp. 25–30 (2005)Google Scholar