Towards Ubiquitous Autonomous Driving: The CCSAD Dataset
Several online real-world stereo datasets exist for the development and testing of algorithms in the fields of perception and navigation of autonomous vehicles. However, none of them was recorded in developing countries, and therefore they lack the particular challenges that can be found on their streets and roads, like abundant potholes, irregular speed bumpers, and peculiar flows of pedestrians. We introduce a novel dataset that possesses such characteristics. The stereo dataset was recorded in Mexico from a moving vehicle. It contains high-resolution stereo images which are complemented with direction and acceleration data obtained from an IMU, GPS data, and data from the car computer. This paper describes the structure and contents of our dataset files and presents reconstruction experiments that we performed on the data.
KeywordsStereo Match Autonomous Vehicle Automate Vehicle Steering Stereo Pair Autonomous Driving
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Auckland U. of Technology: The.enpeda. Image Sequence Analysis Test Site (EISATS). www.cerv.aut.ac.nz/EISATS
- 3.Daimler A.G.: Ground truth stixel dataset. www.6d-vision.com/ground-truth-stixel-dataset
- 5.Fontana, G., Matteucci, M., Sorrenti, D.: Methods and experimental techniques in computer engineering, chap. 4, pp. 55–68. Springer Briefs in Applied Sciences and Technology, Springer (2014)Google Scholar
- 6.Gehrig, S., Rabe, C.: Real-time semi-global matching on the CPU. In: Proc. ICVPR Workshops, pp. 85–92 (2010)Google Scholar
- 7.Geiger, A., Lenz, P., Stiller, C., Urtasun, R.: Vision meets robotics: The KITTI dataset. Int. J. Robotics Research (2013)Google Scholar
- 9.Heidelberg Collaboratory for Image Processing: Robust vision challenge. www.hci.iwr.uniheidelberg.de/Static/challenge2012/
- 12.Kolmogorov, V., Zabih, R.: Computing visual correspondence with occlusions using graph cuts. In: Proc. ICCV, pp. 508–515 (2001)Google Scholar
- 13.Konolige, K.: Small vision system: hardware and implementation. In: Proc. ISRR, pp. 111–116 (1997)Google Scholar
- 15.OpenCV: Open Source Computer Vision Library. www.opencv.org
- 17.U. of Parma: Public ROad Urban Driverless-Car Test 2013. www.vislab.it/proud-en/