Alternating Priorities Queueing System with Randomized Push-Out Mechanism
This paper is written about a priority queueing models in combination with randomized push-out mechanism. Considered model has two incoming flows having different intensities, limited buffer size (k) and two types of priorities for each flow. Priority in this model is realized as alternating priority and it can be switched from one flow to another in moment when system will complete serving all packets from high priority flow and will have in buffer only low-priority packets. In this paper presented algorithm for computing characteristics of the model like loss probability for both types of packets. For getting solution is used generating functions method. This method allowed to reduce size of Kolmogorov’s linear equations system from k(k+1) to (4k-2), where k is a model buffer size. Also authors obtained (using this method) areas of “closing” borders for non-priority packets and areas of “linear behavior” where can be used linear law depending on push-out probability α for approximating loss probabilities.
KeywordsPriority queueing Alternating priority Randomized push-out mechanism
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ilyashenko, A., Zayats, O., Muliukha, V., Laboshin, L.: Further investigations of the priority queuing system with preemptive priority and randomized push-out mechanism. In: Balandin, S., Andreev, S., Koucheryavy, Y. (eds.) NEW2AN/ruSMART 2014. LNCS, vol. 8638, pp. 433–443. Springer, Heidelberg (2014)Google Scholar
- 5.Zaborovsky, V., Mulukha, V., Ilyashenko, A., Zayats, O.: Access control in a form of queueing management in multipurpose operation networks. International Journal on Advances in Networks and Services 4(3/4), 363–374 (2011)Google Scholar
- 6.Zayats, O., Zaborovsky, V., Muliukha, V., Verbenko, A.S.: Control packet flows in telematics devices with limited buffer, absolute priority and probabilistic push-out mechanism. Part 1. Programmnaya Ingeneriya (2), 22−28 (2012). (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 7.Zayats, O., Zaborovsky, V., Muliukha, V., Verbenko, A.S.: Control packet flows in telematics devices with limited buffer, absolute priority and probabilistic push-out mechanism. Part 2. Programmnaya Ingeneriya (3), 21−29 (2012). (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 8.Gnedenko, B.V., Danielyan, E.A., Dimitrov, B.N., Klimov, G.P., Matveev, V.F.: Priority queueing systems. Moscow State University, Moscow (1973). (in Russian)Google Scholar