Clustering Algorithm for 3D Wireless Mobile Sensor Network
Scope of sensor networks is increasing every year, finding practical application in many areas of our lives. There are a lot of algorithms for organizing stationary sensor networks where nodes location does not change. Nowadays network nodes mobility is one of the basic properties for wireless sensor network. In this regard, there are some new problems, such as connecting nodes and optimizing their energy consumption, network coverage and others, which require a new approach to organizing sensor network algorithms. The appearance of flying sensor networks actualizes this task even more. This paper discusses problems associated with mobile wireless sensor networks implementation, proposes a new clustering algorithm for three-dimensional space, simulation and comparison with the LEACH-M algorithm.
KeywordsMobile WSN LEACH-M Flying sensor networks Energy efficiency
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Akyildiz, I.F., Vuran, M.C., Akan, O.B., Su, W.: Wireless Sensor Networks: A Survey revisited. Computer Networks Journal (2005)Google Scholar
- 2.Gerasimenko, M., Petrov, V., Galinina, O., Andreev, S., Koucheryavy, Y.: Impact of machine-type communications on energy and delay performance of random access channel in LTE-advanced. European Transactions on Telecommunications 24(4), June 2013Google Scholar
- 3.Khan, S., Pathan, A.-S.K., Alrajech, N.A.: Wireless Sensor Networks: Current Status and Future Trends. CRC Press (2012)Google Scholar
- 4.Vinel, A., Vishnevsky, V., Koucheryavy, Y.: A simple analytical model for the periodic broadcasting in vehicular ad-hoc networks. In: 2008 IEEE Globecom Workshops, GLOBECOM (2008)Google Scholar
- 5.Heinzelman, W., Chandrakasan, A., Balakrishnan, H.: Energy-efficient communication protocol for wireless microsensor networks. In: Proceedings 33rd Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS), Wailea Maui, Hawaii, USA, January 2000Google Scholar
- 6.Koucheryavy, A., Salim, A.: Cluster head selection for homogeneous wireless sensor networks. In: Proceedings, International Conference on Advanced Communication Technology, ICACT 2009, Phoenix Park, KoreaGoogle Scholar
- 7.Kirichek, R., Paramonov, A., Koucheryavy, A.: Flying ubiquitous sensor networks as a quening system. In: Proceedings, International Conference on Advanced Communication Technology, ICACT 2015, Phoenix Park, Korea, July 01–03, 2015Google Scholar
- 8.Kim, D.S., Chung, Y.J.: Self-organization routing protocol supporting mobile nodes for wireless sensor network. In: Proceedings First International Multi Symposium on Computer and Computational Sciences, Hangzhou, China, June 2006Google Scholar
- 9.Koucheryavy, A., Salim, A.: Prediction-based clustering algorithm for mobile wireless sensor networks. In: Proceedings, International Conference on Advanced Communication Technology, ICACT 2010, Phoenix Park, KoreaGoogle Scholar
- 10.Attarzadeh, N., Mehrani, M.: A New Thre Dimensinal Clustering Method for Wireless Sensor Networks. Global Journal of Computer Science and Technology 11(6), April 2011. version 1.0Google Scholar
- 11.Hooggar, M., Mehrani, M., Attarzadeh, N., Azimifar, M.: An Energy Efficient Three Dimensional Coverage Method for Wireless Sensor Networks. Journal of Academic and Applied Studies 3(3), March 2013Google Scholar
- 12.Abakumov, P., Koucheryavy, A.: The cluster head selection algorithm in the 3D USN. In: Proceedings, International Conference on Advanced Communication Technology, ICACT 2014, Phoenix Park, KoreaGoogle Scholar