Developing a Collaborative Framework for Mapping and Managing Key Drivers of Future Value Creation Based on Intangible Assets
Companies, their suppliers and networks of partners need to be aligned to fulfill the strategy to deliver the value and adapt rapidly whatever challenge arises. To be resilient, companies and their networks have to build ecosystems in a systemic thinking. To help firms achieving this, we propose a methodology based on “value drivers” that allows the mapping, the analysis and the management of intangible assets, and the way they are activated through a multi perspective and a multi stakeholder framework.
KeywordsValue creation Collaborative networks Resilient SC Ecosystem Intangible assets Stakeholders
The authors would like to thank THESAME and the PEAK program: member companies of the program, the F2I, funding structure of the UIMM, the UDIMERA, the Research Division of the Regional Council of Rhône-Alpes, and the General Council of Haute-Savoie.
- 4.Goebel, P., Reuter, C., Pibernik, R., Sichtmann, C.: The influence of ethical culture on supplier selection in the context of sustainable sourcing. IJPE Sustain. Dev. Manuf. Serv. 140, 7–17 (2012)Google Scholar
- 6.Porter, M.E., Kramer, M.R.: Creating shared value. HBR 89, 62–77 (2011)Google Scholar
- 7.Hughes, J., Weiss, J.: Simple rules for making alliances work. Harvard Bus. Rev. 85, 122–131 (2007)Google Scholar
- 8.Murphy, P.: Shareholders first? Not so fast. HBR 87, 126–127 (2009)Google Scholar
- 9.Ready, D.A., Truelove, E.: The power of collective ambition. Harvard Bus. Rev. 89, 94–102 (2011)Google Scholar
- 10.Porter, M.E.: Competitive Advantage: Creating and Sustaining Superior Performance: with a New Introduction, 1st edn. Free Press, New York (1998)Google Scholar
- 11.Barney, J.: Firm resources and sustained competitive advantage. J. Manage. 17, 99 (1991)Google Scholar
- 13.van Weele, A.J.: Purchasing & Supply Chain Management: Analysis, Strategy, Planning and Practice. Cengage Learning, Andover (2010)Google Scholar
- 14.Oshri, I., Kotlarsky, J., Willcocks, P.L.P.: The Handbook of Global Outsourcing and Offshoring. Palgrave Macmillan, New York (2011)Google Scholar
- 19.Porter, M.E., Kramer, M.R.: The competitive advantage of corporate philanthropy. Harvard Bus. Rev. 80, 56–69 (2002)Google Scholar
- 20.Drucker: Coming of the New Organization. Harvard Business School Reprint (1988)Google Scholar
- 26.Sveiby, K.-E.: Methods for measuring intangible assets. http://www.sveiby.com/articles/IntangibleMethods.htm. Accessed 16 May 2014