ACD Modeling of Homogeneous Job Shops Having Inline Cells
In an electronics fabrication line, processing devices are arranged as a network of inline cells. Recently, the use of simulation has evolved into online simulation, which is used in simulation-based operational management, from the traditional offline analysis of facility layout and dispatching rules. An online simulation starts with the current state of the manufacturing facilities at any point of time. This paper presents a systematic procedure for building activity cycle diagram (ACD) models of homogeneous job shops having inline cells. In order to demonstrate the effectiveness of the proposed approach, an ACD model was developed for a simple homogeneous job shop having bi-inline cells and a dedicated simulator was also developed.
KeywordsProduction simulation Activity cycle diagram Homogeneous job shop Inline cell Online simulation
The research was supported by the NRF of Korea grant funded by the Korean Government (NRF-2013R1A1A2062607) to which the authors are grateful.
- 1.Jang, Y.J., Choi, G.H.: Introduction to automated material handling systems in LCD panel production lines. In: 2006 International Conference on Automation Science and Engineering, pp. 223−229. IEEE (2006)Google Scholar
- 2.Lee, J.H.: A study on equipment modeling method for simulation based semiconductor Fab scheduling. M.S. thesis, Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering, KAIST (2007)Google Scholar
- 3.Park, B.C., Park, E.S., Choi, B.K., Kim, B.H., Lee, J.H.: Simulation based planning and scheduling system for TFT-LCD Fab. In: 2008 Winter Simulation Conference, pp. 1262–1267. IEEE (2008)Google Scholar
- 4.Heilala, J., Montonen, J., Järvinen, P., Kivikunnas, S., Maantil, M., Sillanopää, J., Jokinen, T.: Developing simulation-based decision support systems for customer-driven manufacturing operation planning. In: 2010 Winter Simulation Conference, pp. 3363–3375. IEEE (2010)Google Scholar
- 6.Hanisch, A., Tolujew, J., Schulze, T.: Initialization of online simulation models. In: 2005 Winter Simulation Conference, pp. 1795–1803. IEEE (2005)Google Scholar
- 7.Pool, M., Bachrach, R.: Productivity modeling of semiconductor manufacturing equipment. In: 2000 Winter Simulation Conference, pp. 1423−1427. IEEE (2000)Google Scholar
- 8.Potti, K., Gupta, A.: ASAP applications of simulation modeling in a wafer Fab. In: 2002 Winter Simulation Conference, pp. 1846–1848. IEEE (2002)Google Scholar
- 10.Olaitana, O., Geraghty, J., Young, P., Dagkakis, G., Heavey, C., Bayer, M., Perrin, J., Robin, S.: Implementing ManPy, a semantic-free open-source discrete event simulation package, in a job shop. In: 8th International Conference on Digital Enterprise Technology, pp. 253–260, Procedia CIRP 25 (2014)Google Scholar
- 13.Kang, D., Kim, H., Choi, B.K., Kim, B.H.: Event graph modeling of a heterogeneous job shop with inline cells. In: 2014 Winter Simulation Conference, pp. 2156–2167 (2014)Google Scholar