The Discovery of Prognosis Factors Using Association Rule Mining in Acute Myocardial Infarction with ST-Segment Elevation
Association rule mining has been applied actively in order to discover the hidden factors in acute myocardial infarction. There has been minimal research regarding the prognosis factor of acute myocardial infarction, and several previous studies has some limitations which are generation of incorrect population and potential data bias. Thus, we suggest the generation of prognosis factor based on association rule mining for acute myocardial infarction with ST-segment elevation. In our experiments, we obtain high interestingness factor based on Korean acute myocardial infarction registry which is corrected by 51 participating hospitals since 2005. The interestingness of the factor is evaluated by confidence. It is expected to contribute to prognosis management by high reliability factor.
KeywordsAssociation rule mining Acute myocardial infarction Prognosis factor
This work was supported by Basic Science Research Program through the National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF) funded by the Ministry of Science, ICT & Future Planning (No.2013R1A2A2A01068923) and by the ITRC(Information Technology Research Center) support program (NIPA-2014-H0301-14-1002).
- 1.The Textbook of Cardiovascular medicine: The Korea Society Of Circulation (2004)Google Scholar
- 2.Karaolis, M., Moutris, J.A., Papaconstantinou, L., Pattichis, C.S.: Association rule analysis for the assessment of the risk of coronary heart events. In: 31th Annual International Conference of the IEEE EMBS Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA (2009)Google Scholar
- 4.Antman, E.M., Hand, M., Armstrong, P.W., Bates, E.R.: 2007 Focused up date of the ACC/AHA 2004 guidelines for the management of patients with ST-elevation myocardial infarction. In: A report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines, Circulation, pp. 296–329 (2007)Google Scholar
- 5.Anderson, J.L., Antman, E.M., Adams, C.D., Bridges, C.R.: ACC/AHA 2007 guidelines for the management of patients with unstable angina/non ST-elevation myocardial infarction: A report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines, Circulation, pp. 148–304 (2007)Google Scholar
- 6.Johns Hopkins Medicine. www.hopkinsmedicine.org/healthlibrary
- 7.Kalla, K., Christ, G., Karnik, R., Malzer, R., Norman, G., Prachar, H., Schreiber, W., Unger, G., Glogar, H.D., Kaff, A., Laggner, A.N., Maurer, G., Mlczoch, J., Slany, J., Weber H.S., Huber, K.: Implementation of Guidelines Improves the Standard of Care: The Viennese Registry on Reperfusion Strategies in ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction (Vienna STEMI Registry), Circulation, vol. 113, pp. 2398–2405 (2006)Google Scholar
- 9.Tan, PN., Michael, S., Vioin, K.: Introduction to Data Mining (2006)Google Scholar