Guidelines and Recommendations of Scientific Societies and Associations for Hysterectomy
- 722 Downloads
Till the end of the 1980s the only access to hysterectomy was the vaginal and the abdominal approach. By implementing the laparoscopic methods, it was to be expected that the rates of abdominal hysterectomies would decrease radical.
This fact can be witnessed all over the world. Despite the abdominal hysterectomy still dominates. The German guideline for hysterectomy and the guideline of the USA prefer the vaginal hysterectomy as the most gentle, with the lowest risk of complications and most economic access with the shortest duration of surgery.
If the vaginal access to hysterectomy is not possible to avoid abdominal hysterectomy, laparoscopic hysterectomy should be performed. Abdominal hysterectomy should only be indicated in special cases.
Because there are alternatives to hysterectomy these should be discussed with the patient, to enable the patient to decide which of the equal methods fits best to her individual life situation.
KeywordsHysterectomy Guideline Vaginal hysterectomy Abdominal hysterectomy Laparoscopic hysterectomy Alternatives of hysterectomy
- 1.Institut A. Bundesauswertung 2012. https://www.sqgde/downloads/Bundesauswertungen/2012/bu_Gesamt_15N1-GYN-OP_2012pdf. 2012.
- 2.Obstetrics GotGSoGa. Indication and technics of hysterectomy for benigne diseases. AWMF Registry No 015/077, March 2015. 2015. http://www.awmf.org/leitlinien/detail/ll/015-070.html.
- 6.Nieboer TE, Johnson N, Lethaby A, Tavender E, Curr E, Garry R, et al. Surgical approach to hysterectomy for benign gynaecological disease. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2009;3:CD003677.Google Scholar
- 7.Aarts JW, Nieboer TE, Johnson N, Tavender E, Garry R, Mol BW, et al. Surgical approach to hysterectomy for benign gynaecological disease. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2015;8:Cd003677.Google Scholar
- 8.Gesundheit A. http://www.statistik.at/web-de/suchergerniss/index.htlm. Zugriff: 1022012.
- 9.(ASF) ASF. http://www.sevisa.ch/. Zugriff: 27102014. 2010.
- 10.Jacobson TZ, Duffy JM, Barlow D, Koninckx PR, Garry R. Laparoscopic surgery for pelvic pain associated with endometriosis. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2009;4:CD001300.Google Scholar
- 11.Merrill RM. Hysterectomy surveillance in de United States, 1997 through 2005. Med Sci Monit Int Med J Exp Clin Res. 2008;14(1):CR24–31.Google Scholar
- 12.ACOG Committee Opinion No. 444: choosing the route of hysterectomy for benign disease. Obstet Gynecol. 2009;114(5):1156–8.Google Scholar
- 15.Varner RE, Ireland CC, Summitt Jr RL, Richter HE, Learman LA, Vittinghoff E, et al. Medicine or Surgery (Ms): a randomized clinical trial comparing hysterectomy and medical treatment in premenopausal women with abnormal uterine bleeding. Control Clin Trials. 2004;25(1):104–18.CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar