The Graduates’ Satisfaction at Work Through a Generalization of the Fuzzy Least Square Regression Model
In previous works we provided some theoretical results on the estimates of a fuzzy linear regression model. In this paper we propose a generalization of such results to a polynomial model with multiplicative factors, which is actually more appropriate than the linear one. In fact, even in a fuzzy approach the growth rate of the dependent variable can vary depending on the values assumed by independent variables as well as on their interaction. In this application case, we regress the overall satisfaction for the working experience, expressed by the second cycle graduates in the 2008 of the University of Bari, on their satisfaction for specific aspects of job. Since the interviewed graduates express their own liking through scores which do not represent an objective measure of the personal opinions, but rather correspond to accumulation values on the submitted scale, the fuzzy approach is adequate to deal with such collected data.
KeywordsFuzzy least square regression Polynomial model Multiplicative factors Goodness of fit Stepwise selection Satisfaction at work Graduates from University of Bari
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Campobasso, F., Fanizzi, A.: A stepwise procedure to select variables in a fuzzy least square regression model. In: International Conference on Fuzzy Computation Theory and Applications 2011, Paris, France (2011)Google Scholar
- 3.Zimmerman, P.R.: Fuzzy Set Theory. Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht (1991)Google Scholar
- 4.Campobasso, F., Fanizzi, A., Tarantini, M..: Some results on a multivariate generalization of the fuzzy least square regression. In: Proceedings of the International Joint Conference on Computation Intelligence, pp.75–78. SciTePress, Madeira (2009)Google Scholar
- 5.Montrone, S., Campobasso, F., Perchinunno, P., Fanizzi, A.: An analysis of poverty in italy through a fuzzy regression model. In: Murgante, B., Gervasi, O., Iglesias, A., Taniar, D., Apduhan, B.O. (eds.) ICCSA 2011, Part I. LNCS, vol. 6782, pp. 342–355. Springer, Heidelberg (2011)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 8.Chiandotto, B., Gola, M.: Rapporto Finale del Gruppo di Ricerca per la Valutazione della didattica da parte degli student. In: MURST-Osservatorio per la Valutazione del Sistema Universitario (1999)Google Scholar