Operation Sound Influence on Tablet Device Character Input Operation
On the other hand, because tactile feedback from the touch interface is poor, there is a lack operation it is difficult comfort see if it is running correctly problems. To solve this problem, research to improve the operability of the touch interface through auditory feedback has been conducted. On the other hand, it is clear that auditory feedback from touch interface operation in order to accelerate work is at the center of physical factors; however, not much progress in being made for research on emotions and the psychological effects of the user. In this study, we clarify the operation sound effect on the character input operation of tablet devices. From the results, we produce a tool that can examine the impact on character input operation through various operation sounds.
KeywordsTouch device Operation sound Feedback POMS
- 1.Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications : Communication trends use survey 2013 (2014)Google Scholar
- 2.Hasegawa, A., Hasegawa, S., Kanda, T., Omori, M., Miyao, M.: Characteristics of displays of e-Book terminals on text readbility. In: IDW 2011, pp. 1131–1134, Nagoya, Japan (2011)Google Scholar
- 3.Logicool: Investigation of tablet terminal actual use (2014)Google Scholar
- 4.Asako, K., Hideyuki, O., Fumihisa, S., Hideyuki, T.: A study for presentation of tactile sensation with sound feedback to touch sensor, Information Processing Society of Japan, vol. 68, pp. 9–16, 6 September 2007Google Scholar
- 5.Tatsuno, J.: Evaluation of Touch Panel with Multimodal Interaction, University of KINKI, vol. 2, pp. 83–88 (2011)Google Scholar