A Proposal of an SNS to Support Individual Practices in a Voluntary Community
Widespread popularization of social networking services (SNSs) prompted, for example, a voluntary community such as an orchestra club of a university to use an SNS to support their activities. However, it is not all-purpose and lacks functions to improve members’ individual skills. Appropriate practice is a great help but we hardly find functions to motivate practices by, for instance, mutual evaluation, members’ advice, and creating competing environment. In this paper, we focus on members’ individual practices in an orchestra club and propose a SNS to foster and maintain their motivations to practice based on the analysis result of current conditions. As the first step of the system development, this paper introduces design of a prototype system and the results of a preliminary evaluation.
KeywordsSocial networking service Gamification Voluntary community
- 1.Otake, K., Sumita, R., Oka, M., Shinozawa, Y., Uetake, T., Sakurai, A.: A proposal of SNS to improve member’s motivation in voluntary community using gamification. Int. J. Adv. Comput. Sci. Appl. 6(1), 82–88 (2015)Google Scholar
- 2.Yano, Y., Muramoto, Y., Kitahara K., Okubo, M.: A proposal of SNS for activation physical community. In: Proceedings of the 75th National Convention of Information Processing Society of Japan IPSJ, pp. 153–154 (2013). In JapaneseGoogle Scholar
- 3.Matsumoto, T.: Possibility of e-Learning by using Gamification. Japan. Soc. Inf. Syst. Educ. 27(3), 34–40 (2012). (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 4.Sabetto, T., Kotani, M.: Utilizing the enterprise social network for knowledge management. J. Inf. Sci. Technol. Assoc. 62(7), 296–301 (2012)Google Scholar
- 5.Moise, D.: The use of gamification in events marketing. Int. J. Econ. Practices Theor. 4(2), 185–190 (2014)Google Scholar