Chinese Cultural Values in User Experience Design of Kids’ Home Products
Home has great influence on kids’ formation of personalities because it is the first environment where they grow up. It represents parents’ living and educational values. In this study, the authors use the methodology of Ethnography and POEMS, discuss the subject about how to apply the essence of traditional Chinese cultural values to the experience design of kids’ home products, and put it into practice.
KeywordsKids’ home products Chinese cultural values User experience design
This study was completed by the cooperation of Shanghai ForU Sleep Technology Co., Ltd. and Shanghai Jiaotong University. All the products presented above are original designs from ForU. Thanks a lot!
- 1.Huang, B., Hong, J., Xu, X.: The personalities and features of family environment of children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Chin. J. Clin. Rehabil. (2003)Google Scholar
- 2.Xiong, B.: Activate the potential of traditional culture, make up the short board of moral education. Xinhua Daily Telegraph (2013)Google Scholar
- 3.The survey report of kids furniture. Kunming University of Science and Technology. (2012) http://wenku.baidu.com/view/782b3a84d4d8d15abe234e2b.html
- 4.On the spread of ethnographic research methods (2006). http://eng.hi138.com/journalism-and-communication-papers/200605/4631_on-the-spread-of-ethnographic-research-methods.asp#.VX4jHGSqqkp
- 5.Dai, L., Xu, B.: Human factors design research with Persona for kits set in Shanghai middle-class family. In: HCII2013Google Scholar
- 6.Dai, L.: Contemporary design philosophy, 《Contemporary design thinking当代设计研究理念》. Shanghai Jiaotong University Press (2009)Google Scholar
- 7.Participants provided by Shanghai ForU Sleep Technology Co., LtdGoogle Scholar
- 8.Ma, S.: The main difference between Chinese and Western cultures in intercultural communication. People’s Tribune (2012)Google Scholar
- 9.Cheng, C.: Confucian educational concept of family development and its contemporary value. Res. Educ. Hist. (2006)Google Scholar
- 10.Ji, Y., Tan, X., Wen, S.: Impact of confucian aesthetic upon modern indoor design concept. Shanxi Arch. (2014)Google Scholar
- 11.Products in Figure 4, 5, 6, 7 were originally designed by Shanghai ForU Sleep Technology Co., LtdGoogle Scholar