Diagnosis on Corporate Culture and Construction
Along with the gradual improvement and development of China’s market economy, some state-owned enterprises have gradually restructured into private ones. The culture of some enterprises has changed greatly in this structural reform process. This paper selects Limin Chemical Co., Ltd., a successfully restructured high-tech enterprise as the object of study, and extracts a method system to measure the enterprise culture through analysis of cultural differences before and after its restructuring. Based on the Denison Model of Organizational Culture, a cultural measuring model of Limin is established to diagnose current conditions of culture in Limin. According to the evaluation results, combining market trend, this paper presents the strategic object and plan of Limin’s future culture construction, and discusses the establishment process of Limin’s culture system in detail.
KeywordsCultural changes Culture diagnosis Case study
This work has been supported by grants from the National Natural Foundation of China (Project Number 71421061, 71121001).
- Chen, Q.: “Culture” governs the world – the fortune 500 that hold high the banner of “culture governing the enterprise”. Chin. Foreign Corp. Cult., 4, 39–40 (2005) (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Denison, D.R.: What is the difference between organizational culture and organizational climate? A native’s point of view on a decade of paradigm wars. Acad. Manag. Rev. 3, 619–654 (1996)Google Scholar
- Kotter, J.P., Heskett, J.L.: Corporate Culture and Performance. China Renmin University Press, Beijing (2004) (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Schein, E.H.: Diagnosis and Reform of Organization Culture. China Renmin University Press, Beijing (2006) (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Wang, C., Zhou, J.: Corporate Cultural Studies. Economy & Management Publishing House, Beijing (2002) (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- William, O.: Z Theory. China Social Sciences Publishing House, Beijing (1984) (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Zhang, D.: Corporate Culture Building. Tsinghua University Press, Beijing (2003) (in Chinese)Google Scholar