P2P Self-organizing Agent System: GRID Resource Management Case
The three decade history of multi–agent system technology has provided, for IT developers, a lot of promises. However, it has exhibited much less successful practice and about zero industrial applications. Nevertheless, the big potential of multi-agent paradigm and technology is far from the exhaust. Indeed, distributed large scale networked systems, in particular, self-organizing systems remain to be its very promising application area. Indeed, models of self-organization and their requirements to the needed implementation technology, on the one side, and capabilities of the multi-agent technology, on the other side, well meet each other. The paper demonstrates this fact by example of real time open distributed GRID resource management self-organizing system intended to provide for both, GRID node load balancing and equalization of the input task waiting times. The presented software implementation of an open GRID resource management system uses P2P multi-agent architecture and platform supporting for self-organizing policy and P2P agent communication. The lessons learnt are outlined and generalized.
KeywordsMultiagent System Grid Node Overlay Network Average Waiting Time Proactive Behavior
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bernon, C., Chevrier, V., Hilaire, V., Marrow, P.: Applications of Self-Organising Multi-Agent Systems: An Initial Framework for Comparison. Informatica 30, 73–82 (2006)Google Scholar
- 4.Di Marso Serugendo, G., Gleizes, M.-P., Karageorgos, A.: Self-organisation and emer-gence in multi-agent systems: An overview. Informatica 30(1), 45–54 (2006)Google Scholar
- 5.Gorodetski, V.: Self-Organization and Multiagent Systems. Journal of Computer and Systems Sciences International 51(2), 256–281, (3), 391–409 (2012)Google Scholar
- 8.Gorodetsky, V., Karsaev, O., Samoylov, V., Serebryakov, S., Balandin, S., Leppanen, S., Turunen, M.: Virtual P2P Environment for Testing and Evaluation of Mobile P2P Agents Networks. In: UBICOMM 2008, pp. 422–429. IEEE Computer Press, Valencia (2008)Google Scholar
- 9.Karuna, H., Valckenaers, P., Saint-Germain, B., Verstraete, P., Zamfirescu, C.B., Van Brussel, H.H.: Emergent Forecasting Using a Stigmergy Approach in Manufacturing Coordination and Control. In: Brueckner, S.A., Di Marzo Serugendo, G., Karageorgos, A., Nagpal, R. (eds.) ESOA 2005. LNCS (LNAI), vol. 3464, pp. 210–226. Springer, Heidelberg (2005)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 10.Omicini, A., Gardelli, L.: Self-Organisation and MAS: An Introduction, http://unibo.lgardelli.com/teaching/2007-selforg-mas.pdf
- 12.Magenta Technology, http://magenta-technology.com/RU/about/who-we-are.html
- 13.Smart Solution Ltd., http://smartsolutions-123.ru/en/