Towards a Cognitive Internet Ecosystem
In the previous chapter, the concept of Future Internet was formalized through the perspective of the next 5–10 years. This formalization included a vision of a future network that aims at service and resource awareness. In this chapter, a longer term and broader vision is outlined, which covers not only technological aspects, but also aspects relevant to the impact of Future Internet on the physical and societal environment. Through the convergence of TIM technologies with the cognitive sciences and a novel concept of Global Networked Society, it is argued, customers and their devices together will be increasingly viewed as cognitive entities capable of bringing about unprecedented functional interactions.
- Baranyi P, Csapo A, Varlaki P (2014) An overview of research trends in CogInfoCom. In: 2014 18th international conference on intelligent engineering systems (INES). IEEE, pp 181–186Google Scholar
- Gartner Inc. (2014) Gartner Inc.: lead and transform your enterprise into the digital age (presented by l. weldon)Google Scholar
- IDC 2014 (2014) International data corporation: European Internet of things ecosystem and trends. http://www.idc.com/getdoc.jsp?containerId=IDC_P29863
- Kurian G, Anand M (2014) GENKEY-2400 - the Internet of everything ecosystem – bringing IT and OT together with the Internet of thingsGoogle Scholar
- WEF (2007) World economic forum: digital ecosystem – convergence between IT, telecoms, media and entertainment: scenarios to 2015Google Scholar