Personal Process Description Graph for Describing and Querying Personal Processes
Personal processes are ad-hoc to the point where each process may have a unique structure and is certainly not as strictly defined as a workflow process. In order to describe, share and analyze personal processes more effectively, in this paper, we propose Personal Process Description Graph (PPDG) and a personal process query. The personal process query approach is developed to support different types of graph queries in a personal process graph repository. The approach follows a filtering and refinement framework to speed up the query computation. We conducted experiments to demonstrate the efficiency of our techniques.
KeywordsBusiness Process Query Processing Action Node Complex Query Business Process Modelling
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Awad, A.: BPMN-Q: a language to query business processes. In: EMISA, pp. 115–128 (2007)Google Scholar
- 4.Beeri, C., Eyal, A., Kamenkovich, S., Milo, T.: Querying business processes. In: VLDB, pp. 343–354 (2006)Google Scholar
- 5.Brambilla, M.: Application and simplification of BPM techniques for personal process management. In: BPM Workshops, pp. 227–233 (2012)Google Scholar
- 7.Hajimirsadeghi, S.A., Paik, H.-Y., Shepherd, J. :Processbook: Towards social network-based personal process management. In: BPM Workshops, pp. 268–279 (2012)Google Scholar
- 12.Sakr, S., Awad, A.: A framework for querying graph-based business process models. In: WWW, pp. 1297–1300 (2010)Google Scholar
- 13.Sakr, S., Awad, A., Kunze, M.: Querying process models repositories by aggregated graph search. In: BPM Workshops, pp. 573–585 (2012)Google Scholar
- 14.Wang, L.: CookRecipe: towards a versatile and fully-fledged recipe analysis and learning system. PhD thesis, City University of Hong Kong (2008)Google Scholar