Replication of Recovery Log — An Approach to Enhance SOA Reliability
Along with development of SOA systems, their requirements in terms of fault-tolerance increase and become more stringent. To improve reliability of SOA-based systems and applications, a ReServE service, providing an external support of web services recovery, has been designed. In this paper we propose to enhance the resilience of ReServE by replication of log with recovery information, and address problems related to deployment of this solution.
KeywordsSOA Rollback-recovery Message-logging Replication
- 3.Brzeziński, J.: Dependability infrastructure for SOA applications. In: Ambroszkiewicz, S., Brzeziński, J., Cellary, W., Grzech, A., Zieliński, K. (eds.) Advanced SOA Tools and Applications. SCI, vol. 499, pp. 203–260. Springer, Heidelberg (1991)Google Scholar
- 6.OASIS. Reference Architecture Foundation for Service Oriented Architecture - Version 1.0 (October 2009)Google Scholar
- 7.Pedone, F., Wiesmann, M., Schiper, A., Kemme, B., Alonso, G.: Understanding replication in databases and distributed systems. In: Proceedings of the 20th International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems, Taipei, Taiwan, April 10-13, pp. 464–474 (2000)Google Scholar
- 8.Rao, S., Alvisi, L., Vin, H.M.: The cost of recovery in message logging protocols. In: SRDS, pp. 10–18 (1998)Google Scholar
- 9.Shahzad, F., Wittmann, M., Kreutzer, M., Zeiser, T., Hager, G., Wellein, G.: A survey of checkpoint/restart techniques on distributed memory systems. Parallel Processing Letters 23(4) (2013)Google Scholar