Extended Marshall–Olkin Model and Its Dual Version
We propose an extension of the generalized bivariate Marshall–Olkin model assuming dependence between the random variables involved. Probabilistic, aging properties, and survival copula representation of the extended model are obtained and illustrated by examples. Bayesian analysis is performed and possible applications are discussed. A dual version of extended Marshall–Olkin model is introduced and related stochastic order comparisons are presented.
The authors are grateful for the precise referee suggestions which highly improved earlier versions of the manuscript. The first author acknowledges the sponsorship of Central Bank of Brazil under the Graduate Program PPG. The second author is partially supported by FAPESP (2013/07375-0 and 2011/51305-0) and CNPq grants. We are thankful to Leandro Ferreira for the help with OpenBugs software.
- 3.Barlow, R., Proschan, F.: Statistical Theory of Reliability and Life Testing. Silver Spring, Maryland (1981)Google Scholar
- 13.Jaschke, S., Siburg, K., Stoimenov, P.: Modelling dependence of extreme events in energy markets using tail copulas. J. Energy Mark. 5(4), 63–80 (2013)Google Scholar
- 27.Mirhosseini, S., Amini, M., Kundu, D., Dolati, A.: On a new absolutely continuous bivariate generalized exponential distribution. To appear in Statistical Methods and Applications (2015)Google Scholar
- 32.Pinto, J.: Deepening the notions of dependence and aging in bivariate probability distributions. Ph.D. thesis, Sao Paulo University (2014)Google Scholar
- 39.Singpurwalla, N.: Reliability Analysis: A Bayesian Perspective. Wiley, Chichester (2006)Google Scholar
- 41.Spiegelhalter, D., Thomas, A., Best, N., Lunn, D.: WinBugs Version 1.4, User Manual. Institute of Public Health and Department of Epidemiology and Public Health. Imperial College School of Medicine, London (2003)Google Scholar