Agent-Based Distributed Analytical Search
- 905 Downloads
We describe here an agent-based Distributed Analytical Search (DAS) tool to search and query distributed “big data” sources regardless of data’s location, content or format. DAS semantically analyzes natural language queries from a web-based user interface. It automatically translates the query to a set of sub-queries by deploying a combination of planning and traditional database query optimization techniques. It then generates a query plan represented in XML and guide the execution by spawning intelligent agents with various types of wrappers as needed for distributed sites. The answers returned by the agents are merged appropriately and return them to the user. We have demonstrated DAS using a variety of data sources that are distributed and heterogeneous. The tool is the prime product of our company with big enterprises as our target market.
KeywordsMobile Agent Plan Agent Query Execution Query Plan Remote Machine
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Das, S., Shuster, K., Wu, C.: ACQUIRE: agent-based complex QUery and information retrieval engine. In: Proc. of the 1st Int. Joint Conf. on Autonomous Agents and Multi-Agent Systems, Bologna, Italy, July 2002Google Scholar
- Das, S.: Computational Business Analytics. Chapman and Hall/CRC Press (2014)Google Scholar
- de Marneffe, M.-C., et al.: Stanford typed dependencies manual: Revised for Stanford Parser v. 1.6.5 (2010)Google Scholar
- Jansen, W., Karygiannis, T.: Mobile Agent Security, NIST Special Publication 800-19 (1999)Google Scholar
- Widom, J.: Integrating Heterogeneous Databases: Lazy or Eager?. ACM Computing Surveys 28 (1996)Google Scholar