A BDDC Preconditioner for Problems Posed in H(div) with Deluxe Scaling
The purpose of this paper is to introduce a BDDC method for vector field problems discretized with the lowest order Raviart-Thomas finite elements. Our method is based on a new type of weighted average, a deluxe scaling, developed to deal with more than one variable coefficient. Numerical experiments show that the deluxe scaling is robust and more powerful than traditional methods.
KeywordsConjugate Gradient Method Domain Decomposition Method Preconditioned Conjugate Gradient Checkerboard Pattern Primal Constraint
This work was completed while the author was working at Louisiana State University. This material is based upon work supported by the HPC@LSU computing resources and the Louisiana Optical Network Institute (LONI).
- 6.C.R. Dohrmann, O.B. Widlund, Some recent tools and a BDDC algorithm for 3D problems in H(curl), in Domain Decomposition Methods in Science and Engineering XX. Lecture Notes in Computational Science and Engineering, vol. 91 (Springer, Berlin, 2013), pp. 15–25Google Scholar
- 7.C.R. Dohrmann, O.B. Widlund, A BDDC algorithm with deluxe scaling for three-dimensional H(curl) problems. Technical Report, TR2014-964, Courant Institue of Mathematical Sciences, Department of Computer Science (2014)Google Scholar
- 8.R. Hiptmair, Multigrid method for H(div) in three dimensions. Electron. Trans. Numer. Anal. 6, 133–152 (1997) [Special issue on multilevel methods (Copper Mountain, CO, 1997)]Google Scholar
- 9.R. Hiptmair, A. Toselli, Overlapping and multilevel Schwarz methods for vector valued elliptic problems in three dimensions, in Parallel Solution of Partial Differential Equations (Minneapolis, MN, 1997). The IMA Volumes in Mathematics and Its Applications, vol. 120 (Springer, New York, 2000), pp. 181–208Google Scholar
- 14.D.-S. Oh, Domain decomposition methods for Raviart-Thomas vector fields. Ph.D. thesis, Courant Institue of Mathematical Sciences, 2011. TR2011-942. http://cs.nyu.edu/web/Research/TechReports/TR2011-942/TR2011-942.pdf
- 15.D.-S. Oh, An alternative coarse space method for overlapping Schwarz preconditioners for Raviart-Thomas vector fields, in Domain Decomposition Methods in Science and Engineering XX. Lecture Notes in Computational Science and Engineering, vol. 91 (Springer, Berlin, 2013a), pp. 361–367Google Scholar
- 17.D.-S. Oh, O.B. Widlund, C.R. Dohrmann, A BDDC algorithm for Raviart-Thomas vector fields. Technical Report, TR2013-951, Courant Institue of Mathematical Sciences, Department of Computer Science (2013)Google Scholar
- 23.X. Tu, A BDDC algorithm for a mixed formulation of flow in porous media. Electron. Trans. Numer. Anal. 20, 164–179 (electronic) (2005)Google Scholar