Extension of the Pole-Placement Shifting Based Tuning Algorithm to Neutral Delay Systems: A Case Study
In , a revised version of the Pole-Placement Shifting based controller tuning Algorithm (PPSA), a finite-dimensional model-matching controller tuning method for time-delay systems (TDS), was presented together with some suggestions about algorithm improvements and modifications. Its leading idea consists in the placing the dominant characteristic poles and zeros of the infinite-dimensional feedback control system with respect to the desired dynamics of the simple finite-dimensional matching model. So far, retarded TDS have been studied in the reign of the PPSA. This paper, however, brings a detailed case study on a more advanced and intricate neutral-type control feedback. Unstable controlled plant is selected in our example, in addition. The results indicate a very good applicability of the PPSA under some minor modifications of standard manipulations with the neutral-type delayed spectrum.
KeywordsTime delay systems neutral-type delay spectrum-shaping controller tuning optimization MATLAB direct-search algorithms model matching
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Pekař, L., Navrátil, P.: PPSA: A Tool for Suboptimal Control of Time Delay Systems: Revision and Open Tasks. In: Šilhavý, R., Šenkeřík, R., Komínková Oplatková, Z., Prokopová, Z. (eds.) Modern Trends and Techniques in Computer Science, 3rd Computer Science Online Conference 2014 (CSOC 2014). AISC, vol. 285, pp. 17–28. Springer, Heidelberg (2014)Google Scholar
- 2.Åström, K.J., Hägglund, T.: Advanced PID Control. ISA, Research Triangle Park (2005)Google Scholar
- 7.Pekař, L.: A Ring for Description and Control of Time-Delay Systems. WSEAS Trans. Systems, Special Issue on Modelling, Identification, Stability, Control and Applications 11, 571–585 (2012)Google Scholar
- 8.Pekař, L., Prokop, R.: Control of Time Delay Systems in a Robust Sense Using Two Controllers. In: Proc. 6th Int. Symposium on Communication, Control and Signal Processing (ISCCSP 2014), pp. 254–257. IEEE Press, Athens (2014)Google Scholar
- 12.Pekař, L.: On a Controller Parameterization for Infinite-dimensional Feedback Systems Based on the Desired Overshoot. WSEAS Trans. Systems 12, 325–335 (2013)Google Scholar
- 16.Šulc, B., Vítečková, M.: Theory and Practice of Control System Design. Czech Technical University in Prague, Prague (2004) (in Czech) Google Scholar