Handheld Device Applications for Remote Control of Industrial Robots
At present, the most common way of programming industrial robots is still traditional one connected with using teaching process or just by programming offline in the embedded environment. Manufactures of the industrial robots do not provide much in the field of wireless control methods. In the paper selected non-dedicated applications for handheld devices were tested. The purpose of the work was to test those applications for controlling, monitoring and programming industrial robots and indicate the alternative human-machine interface. The proposed solution provides a possibility to create an optional alternative robotic control system allowing non-specialists programmers to operate the robot. The prepared intuitive way of controlling can be based on various operator gestures, movement recognition, automatic code-generation methods, etc.
Keywordsrobotics human-robot interaction HMI (Human-Machine Interface) industrial robots handheld device remote control virtual instrument
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Baier, A., Zolkiewski, S.: Initial research of epoxy and polyester warp laminates testing on abrasive wear used in car sheathing. Eksploatacja i Niezawodnosc – Maintenance and Reliability 15(1), 37–43 (2013)Google Scholar
- 2.Bokhonsky, A.I., Zolkiewski, S.: Modelling and analysis of elastic systems in motion. Monograph 338. Silesian University of Technology Press, Gliwice (2011)Google Scholar
- 4.Chybowski, L.: Qualitative and Quantitative Multi-Criteria Models of the Importance of the Components in Reliability Structure of a Complex Technical System. Journal of KONBIN 4(24), 33–48 (2012)Google Scholar
- 5.Chybowski, L.: Safety criterion in assessing the importance of an element in the complex technological system reliability structure. Management Systems in Production Engineering 1(5), 10–13 (2012)Google Scholar
- 13.Web page, http://www.teamviewer.com/en/products/remotecontrol.aspx (accessed in January 2015)
- 14.Web page (accessed in January 2015), https://vfpsoft.com/webpager/
- 15.Web page, http://www.ni.com/mobile/ (accesssd in January 2015)
- 16.Zolkiewski, S., Pioskowik, D.: Robot control and online programming by human gestures using a kinect motion sensor. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing. New Perspectives in Information Systems and Technologies 275, 593–605 (2014)Google Scholar
- 24.Zolkiewski, S.: Testing composite materials connected in bolt joints. Journal of Vibroengineering 13(4), 817–822 (2011)Google Scholar
- 25.Zolkiewski, S.: Dynamic flexibility of the supported-clamped beam in transportation. Journal of Vibroengineering 13(4), 810–816 (2011)Google Scholar