educoco: A Mobile Social Learning Platform for Project-Based Learning and Collaboration
Learning is a social behavior. The important issue to design a learning management system is how to effectively use the technologies to improve the collaborative learning. Due to the drawbacks of Facebook, the authors proposed a new social networking service, educoco, for K-12 education in Taiwan. The characteristics of teachers are specially strengthened in educoco, and the learning activity is project-based. Now, there are more than 10000 users in Taiwan.
This work was supported by Ministry of Science and Technology, Taiwan, under contact number MOST 103-2632-E-127-001.
- 2.Dillenbourg, P.: What do you mean by collaborative learning? In: Dillenbourg, P. (ed.) Collaborative-Learning: Cognitive and Computational Approaches, pp. 1–19. Elsevier, Oxford (1999)Google Scholar
- 4.News, U.D.: (2014). http://educoco.udn.com/
- 5.Moodle: About moodle, June 2014Google Scholar
- 6.Kim, B.: Social constructivism. In: Emerging Perspectives on Learning, Teaching, and Technology, pp. 1–8 (2001)Google Scholar
- 7.Siemens, G.: Connectivism: a learning theory for the digital age. Int. J. Instr. Technol. Distance Learn. 2(1), 3–10 (2005)Google Scholar
- 8.Blood, R.: Weblogs: a history and perspective. Rebecca’s Pocket (2000). Accessed 7 Sept 2000Google Scholar
- 11.Facebook, I.: (2014). http://facebook.com/
- 15.MinorMonitor: Minormonitor surveys 1,000 parents of children on facebook, shares results on realities, parental concerns (2012)Google Scholar