Dynamic Web Application for Managing and Searching Antique and Art Object Information
Antique and art object information plays more important role in archeology, history, and culture. This valuable information continuously increased and accumulated every year. It requires effective system to transfer the available knowledge for people of the next generations. Therefore, this study aims to design a database to store the information; and to develop a dynamic web application to manage and search the information. The system consists of two main parts: 1) data manipulation and 2) advanced search. The first part is developed for museum staffs to store, update, and delete data. The second part is for general users to search the information efficiently by using a combination of keywords that are name, type, material, period, and art style; and two logical operators, “AND” and “OR”. The application is useful as it provides convenient and effective manipulation and searching of antique and art object information via internet network.
KeywordsDynamic Web Application Antique and Art Object Information Advanced Search Museum Database
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Fine Arts Department of Thailand Website, http://www.finearts.go.th/parameters.html
- 2.Chiang Mai National Museum Website, http://museumthailand.com/chiangmainational/
- 3.IEEE Xplore Digital Library Advanced Search, http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/search/advsearch.jsp
- 4.British Museum Collection, http://www.britishmuseum.org/research/collec-tion_online/search.aspx
- 7.MySQL Documentation, http://dev.mysql.com/doc/
- 8.Elmasri, R., Navathe, S.B.: Fundamentals of Database Systems, 6th edn., pp. 507–509. Addison-Wesley (2010)Google Scholar
- 9.Elmasri, R., Navathe, S.B.: Fundamentals of Database Systems, 6th edn., pp. 513–528. Addison-Wesley (2010)Google Scholar
- 10.DBDesigner, http://www.fabforce.net/dbdesigner4/